CHAPTER THREE: ARCANE CONFLICT

BELLROC POV:

We teleported back to Mount Rainier. I held Nari, Phoenix, and Hisirdoux and struggled to keep up with Skrael who immediately stormed off as soon as he set foot in the mountain. He walked hastily without a skip in his step and retained the same facial expression. I set Nari and Phoenix. All three of them looked to be asleep peacefully, however they weren't asleep. They were out, cold. Hisirdoux's injuries were the worst, and I had to keep track of Skrael, so I continued to continue to hold him in my arms.

"Skrael, I need you to get some cotton from the garden. Hisirdoux is..."

I looked at the hallway and found him continuing to march off without turning around or noticing me.

"Skrael!" I said. "Skrael!"

Of course he was still mad, but I wasn't the one who disobeyed the rule. I rolled my eyes and held Douxie in my arms as I walked after him.

"Skrael, I want you to answer me when I shout your name a million times!"

He turned, and I saw that he was livid. Lightning flashed outside as rain began to pour. Skrael had cuts along the side of his face and a long jagged cut going up his forehead and beyond the hood. The palms of his hands were still bleeding, and he had a bruise on his neck. "You didn't shout my name a million times. You only shouted it twice. The first was an order. And this is an order, leave me alone!" He turned around, but I grabbed his shoulder. He jolted me as he pulled my hand away.

"Hey, don't zap me!" I said, slapping his hand.

He looked surprised frankly.

"Look, I get it, you're upset that I hit you-"

"Hit me? You kicked me? I'd be happier if you scolded me, but you kicked me in front of mortals!-"

"-the rule was that you wouldn't hurt him-"

"Don't interrupt me. And it was all because of that stupid wizard, wasn't it? I get you think he's special, and all that, but I've seen more piéce de résistance in a cockroach than I have in that boy!-"

"-Skrael, you don't mean that-"

"I do mean that. I mean that with all of the magic that courses through my veins if you think that you can get away with choosing my enemy, our enemy over me."

I paused.

"I've stuck by your side throughout this whole entire ordeal. Killahead, when Nari left, when Phoenix left, when the Green Knight and Morgana died, and this is how I'm repaid?"

"Skarel, please, just-"

"Don't "Skrael" me thinking it'll work."

"I'm sorry."

"Hah, I tried to apologize to you, and I got kicked into the concrete." He turned away from me and walked away. "If you love that wizard boy so much, get the cotton yourself. I'll treat my own wounds."

He walked off to his room and closed the door with a slam as there was another flash of lightning. I looked at Douxie in my arms. He tore apart my family, but I'd learned anything about family being alive for thirteen billion years, families you could fix.