chap 8: Returning back

Start from the beginning

In some part of Mauritania a bachelor has to organize her divorce party in what is called Tahrish.in the episode of bachelor,the young man who organize her celebration makes a convincing show of loving her and going out of his way to flirt.lavish praise over her character and beauty.he also takes her husband down a peg or two, proclaiming his idiocy and sheer bad luck, while asking a key question: How could he beautify his home with such a rare rose,only to divorce her?"

"Oh Wow, what a unique twist of Norm" I started

"And most men believe that a divorced woman is more mature, experience and understanding of the difficulties and challenges of life. They also hold the common belief that unmarried woman is more narcissistic and exaggerate her worth.this leads to hurdles and unreasonable condition by the bachelorette or her family."

"And you know what,A divorced man finds difficulty remarrying if he isn't financially well-off.mauritanian woman prefer unmarried men,why? they believe that multiples failed marriage experience reflect on inability to bear responsibility by patient or fight for her.marriage  for them is required preserverance and dedication.
   But for the women it's signify beauty.some women bear their previous marriage as a status symbol.multiple marriage are seen as reflection of her uniqueness, beauty and attractiveness.
  They married more than five times some even nine, having children from multiple partners.their life experience is a source of pride to them and it's proof enough of their beauty and distinction from her peers. "

"Oh wow I instantly fall in love with this culture"I stated

"Yesso"Amira agreed

"But Grandma,why haven't you married more than one times you and Jaddatie"I ask

"You know all this traditions we were never fond of it,I never like it, having many children from different partners is never my thing neither jaddatie"

"Oh good for you" Amira murmur and I laughed.

"In society divorce women often evoke the pathos and passions of poets.
Poetry itself as a key part of Mauritania,with both old and young gathering regularly for late hours, drinking strong bubbly mint tea served three times,bitter at first then sweeter with every consecutive cup, there the young flourish the poetic talent and elders deftly Weeve powerful verses together conceived in moment, affirming there poetic you know they deeply steeped in the Arabic language"

"So they do poems in Arabic language" I ask

"Yeah of course and also in English too"

"I will like to go and watch them"I said

"You can go and watch"

"Really to the divorce celebration"Amira said

"Yes they are good people and we'll welcoming you can go I will ask Nana To escort you"her maid Nana.

"Yay"
We  dress in our mallafa which is there normal dress cord.its called lafayya in Nigeria, jaddatie and grandma Noora gifted us alot of it saying we will need it back in nigeria.and I really love their designs.

We went together with Amira and Amaya, and it's very great celebration,from the deco,food,drinks, snacks and everything is amazing.
And the best part is the poems and poetry part they so astounding and marvelous.i really don't regret going there.

We stay there for three days, mostly riding a camel, enjoying our day with some of the Bedouin endless pouring and drinking some tea, getting more knowledge about their traditions and culture.

+

The next day we return back to Nouakchott so we can get ready and pack our stuff there before returning back to Nigeria.

We went back to Nigeria together with Aunty Shamsiyya and Amaya saying that they have alot to prepare for the wedding.Aunty S

+

We landed at Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport at 3pm Zee and a chauffer send by my uncle took us to home .

"How is your trip"Zee ask us

"It's so amazing and memorable"

"In glad you enjoyed it"

"Thanks bebe lets go to the room to give you your gift"

We went to my room,the rest have retired to their rooms after dinner.Amira is spending the night here, Aunty Samira had travel to Dubai because of the wedding preparation.and Zee,her husband is coming to pick her up later.so I ,Amaya,and Amira will enjoy the rest of the night.

"So how is health" she ask worriedly

"Alhamdulillah,the untense fear has started to reduce now, though the first one is so huriable "

"Haven't you take some medications"

"I want to stop using it,it's not like I was born with it "

"In Sha Allah you will overcome your fear"

We just a little before her husband picked her,so we continue chilling the rest of the night.

******

Oh I tried shah
Update in two days

So who also found their norms and tradition unique and astonish.

I instantly fall in love with it,like we Nigerians northerners to be precise, Divorcees are facing alot of stigmatization from peoples and found it hard to remarry again.

Blaming them for their marriage fail, without investigation whether the husband or the wife is at fault.

I really love their traditions shah
All this abomination are symbols of beauty to them.😂

-Like plumpy women's are symbols of wealth

-Multiple marriage for a woman is a reflection of her beauty, uniqueness, and attractiveness.

-Divorce is a symbols of beauty, pride and maturity to women

-A divorced man  blame for his failed marriage because of his inability to bear responsibility or fight for his love.

-While a divorcee easily get married  because they believe she is more mature, experience and understanding of the difficulties and challenges of life. While unmarried woman is more narcissistic and exaggerates of her worth.

Oh wow what a twist norm that differ from many countries in the world. Nigeria for example all this varies

Who also like that.lets meet in the comments section,
And for those who doesn't like it let's also Meet there so we can talk.

And finally Lilarh is back.💃😊

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow

Pls 🥺