chapter 2: the bomb

Be picky with who you invest your time in
wasted time is worse than wasted money.

******

Not edited

A a r y a n

I came back from work all jaded and knackered.i headed straight to my chamber to fresh up.

I decided to go and greet my mother.i meet her in her living room watching a movie which i can't tell of.

"Good evening Ammiey"

"Evening Aahan,how was work?"

"Its fine Ammiey,how was your day?"

"Its very good my son"she said with a smile on her face.

"Welcome home yaya how was work?"my sister Hanan greeted coming back from the kitchen with a plate on her hand.this girl and food

"its fine glutton,"
"you and food no one can separate you"i said with a bit of tease.

"Yaya"she whine
"You know food is life,you can never understand the feelings one got while eating,food is everything one could ever ask for"she said happily

"Where all these calories you are eating are going,you're so skinny that with a little
nudge you will be on ground "i said while trying to take a cookie in her plate .she was so slim among the three of us and she eat alot. she is a foodie.

"Your father seek for your presence after Isha'a prayer." My mother i Ammiey chirp in to cut our little bickering,she said happily.i suddenly felt a little dither he never ask for me unforeseen.

I ask the reason why but she just shrugged and said you will know when you meet him.i muttered 'okay' before going to the dining 'i am agog 'the delicious aroma of the food heat my nostril Ammiey was really a great chef.

After isha'a prayer i went to his living room,i found him siting on the couch watching news .
i salam and greeted which he answered calmly.

"you requested my presence Daddy"

"Yes Aaryan"he look at me

" Muhammad" he called,i think this is very serious because he never called my real name unless he wanted to discourse serious issue because i was named after his father.

"Yes dad"

"How old are you"he ask, I already know where this conversation is heading too

"27 years old" nonetheless i answered

"you realize you are not getting any younger right"

"yes dad"

"For the past years i have been pestering you to get married and settle down but you are acting a deaf ear" i just kept hush and rub my temple.the fact that i came back from work jaded and what dad is trying to say make me feel my whole body tense up.

He continue "So i arrange your wedding with my deceased friend daughter and we are going to thier house tomorrow evening for the introduction and engagement so come back early tomorrow"he said sternly.

For a moment i can't be able to digest what i just heard.i was so flabbergasted.Me, marriage,the worst part is its arrange marriage,Unbelievable.

"What dad,marriage"finally i have found my tongue

"Yes Aaryan and its final"

"You can do this to me dad,how,what make you believe that i will accept this,you are marrying me off to a girl i know nothing about her"i said trying to calm myself not to be harsh.