Chapter 28: Inviting

Start from the beginning

The city lord stopped them.

Basically: Anything else, city lord?

City Lord: No, nothing. I just wanted to thank you all for saving my daughter. I will make sure you receive an adequate reward.

Moo: It's not necessary.

Brock shook his head.

Moo: We did not do it for a reward.

Then, without giving the city lord time to talk again, the trio left.

The city lord looked at them with a frown in his face. He was someone much more experienced than his children, so he quickly discovered that the three of these strange folks were not simple.

City Lord: Karen, Skyler, who are they?

Skyler: Their names are Delirious, Moo, and Basically. Young master and young miss met them yesterday.

She then explained to him everything she knew about the pair.

The city lord fell deep in thought. Suddenly, he looked at the shield that Marcel had cut.

Walking towards it, he grabbed it and examined it carefully.

Then, his face turned into one of surprise.

City Lord(Mutters): This is..... adamantine?

The next second, his expression turned grave.

City Lord: Skyler, who cut this shield.

Skyler: Huh? It was the young man, Basically. He cut it with his black sword.

Karen: Yeah, dad! He was very cool!

Karen blushed.

Karen: He cut the man's arm with a slash and then continued attacking!

City Lord: Is it so, huh? With a black sword? How kind of metal in in the sword, Skyler?

Karen: Not sure, they are like alot of type.

City Lord: I see.

The city lord fell silent for a moment before returning to normal.

While they were talking, the city guards finally arrived.

Guard 1: City lord!

City Lord: Investigate who attacked my daughter! I want all the people related hanged in the plaza! Nobody attacks MY daughter in MY city and escapes alive!

Guard 1: Yes, city lord!

City Lord: Mm, now go. I want all the information about the case on my desk tonight!

Once he said it, he grabbed Karen's hand.

City Lord: Let's go back to home. This place is dangerous.

Karen: Yes, dad.

Before leaving, though, Karen looked briefly in the direction Bloed had disappeared.