The Neo-Jurassic Age

Start from the beginning

Just as he suspected, the Mosasaurus broke off its charge right before its head collided with the hull of the boat and it dove under again, once again vanishing from site. Max raised his hand. "Whoever's at the helm, I want a hard right on my command".

"Aye, captain," a voice called back.

Max waited until the last possible second, right as the movement once again appeared under the waves. "Now!" The boat turned quickly on the spot, pivoting its stem around right as the Mosasaurus burst from the water, its open mouth aimed right where the nose of the boat had been moments earlier. The very same tactic it had used on the campers yacht seven years ago.

Unfortunately, the sheer size of the monster was enough to send a larger, much more powerful wave over the boat. Several crew screamed for their lives as they tipped over the side of boat and into the ice cold water.

The moment this clicked in Max's head, any thoughts about capturing the Mosasaurus had vanished. "Get those people back on this boat now!" He roared.

"Captain, watch out!" Max turned and watched as the harpoon rope tangled around the crane and went taught again, but now the entire crane looked ready to pop off the deck. "Duck!" Max shouted as the sound of tearing metal invaded everyone's ears. Max felt something heavy fly over his head and into the water. He looked back up and saw the empty space where the crane was earlier, and the patch of disturbed water where it must have fallen in.

The Mosasaurus was nowhere to be seen.

End Music

The pounding in his ears quietened down as he observed the situation. He was relieved to see the crew helping those who had fallen in back onto the boat, they looked frozen solid, but they were alive.

Samuel stepped over some rubble on his way to Max, holding a small controller in his hand with a large button on it. "What should we do?" He asked. Max was still trying to process the situation, unable to give a command when another voice called out.

"Captain. You have a message!" One of the crew shouted. "It says, 'I'm going for the hideout, I'm done waiting, we free them in three days, I hope to see you there'".

Max clenched his hand into a fist. He knew exactly what that meant, she was going anyway, despite his warnings, telling her to wait for backup. But somehow, he knew this was going to happen. He turned to Samuel.

"Get those guys someplace warm," he gestured to the crew members that had fallen into the sea. "Clear any useless rubble and salvage what isn't. We're turning for land!" And on that order, the boat made made its way back to shore, its operation for the capture of the Mosasaurus: a failure.

0O0

The building was abandoned, or that was the idea.

It was a basic grey colour with a cubic design, looking like it was built ages ago and was long forgotten. But three people had gotten a helpful tip from an unknown source that this place was actually a huge cage.

The lead figure walked up to the wired fence on the outskirts of the building and was handed a set of wire cutters. The leader bent down and cut a small hole in the fence, slipping through the hole and beckoning the others to follow. The other two figures glanced at each other and slipped inside, running up the hill to the wall of the building. From here, they could hear voices inside and outside. Looks like that tip was right.