Chapter 15

[A/n I know law doesn't work this fast, but then again this is just an ff, so kindly go along with my imagination 😗]

-

Having an interest in seeing another male wearing female's attire maybe unusual. Hence, despite the strict rules of not touching and throwing sensual words to the maids, they must bear in mind that the kind of people visiting the café, most of them time, aren't as polite as they seem.

Jisung has been staying at Chan's for the past couple days, spending most of his time to either sleep or cry to sleep. It's the same hellish circle. He's sorta out of it in fact; barely functioning without his boyfriend.

He's grateful the older doesn't push him to tell what has happened or what he's thinking. He's just there; taking care of him the way he usually does. There's no hint of the latter treats him with extra care like he's a fragile human being, which oddly comforts him.

"Ready to have dinner?"

Jisung cannot fight the urge to mirror the older whom smiles at him warmly. Although the gesture looks weak, Chan still manages to catch his round eyes light up. "One of your favorites." Then places the food tray onto the bedside table. "Some braised abalone."

The younger hugs his boyfriend at that, signaling that he's happy and thankful. "Thank you." He clears his throat after hearing how hoarse his voice sounds.

"I made some pear tea for you too."

The squirrel like boy pulls out of the hug, happily receives the tea cup before drinking it deliciously.

"I'll make another if you want. But let's have dinner first, yeah?"

It's always been like this. Chan feeds him, showers him, even puts clothes on him. He also makes sure Jisung sleeps first, peppers him with sweet praises while cuddling, and sings him to sleep.

To say he's luckiest boy in the world is still an understatement.

"I'm sorry, hyung" is the first thing he utters after he finishes eating. He doesn't actually finish all of it, but he eats more compared to before.

"None of it is your fault, baby." He caresses the younger's cheeks tenderly while dabbing the tears that have started to stream down the latter's face. "Don't ever blame yourself. I know it's hard not to. But I want you to know that this... sadly could happen to anyone. We're simply in the wrong place and time... and unlucky to experience that."

"But you're hurt, Channie." He sobs. His small hands naturally find its way to wrap around the older's torso, head leans on the latter's crook of neck. "I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you."

"Listen to me, baby. No interruption. Can you do that for me, hm?" He can feel a light nod against his neck so he continues. "I know it sounds silly and reckless, but I needed him to hurt me first. What I mean is... it was intentional. I know he was going to swing and crash that vase onto me. But the investigation would run smoother if I got hurt. I mean, would the police believe what I said if I didn't get hurt at all while that jerk was beaten up to death?"

"But still-" His whine is shut by a soft peck.

"I didn't regret making that decision as long as that means you're safe, not only then, but now too."

Now that he thinks about it, he honestly doesn't know what happened after that; he never asks, too caught up with his own mind that keeps replaying the traumatizing experience like a broken record. "What do you mean, Channie?"

The said male wets his lower lip, the glint on his eyes shows he's pondering about something. "Are you sure we can talk about this now? We have lots of time, baby. We can take it slow."