Chapter 6

"Sometimes I wonder how can he not notice someone has been staring at him?" Changbin chuckles while looking at certain squirrel like boy from the distance.

"He probably noticed. That's why he rejected him." Minho says pointing at Chan with his chin, earning a glare from the latter. "Even if that's not the case, you should stop stalking him though. For real this time. You've done this shit for weeks, it's not healthy."

Chan sighs. "I will... if he quits his job. You know I'm just worried about him, right? My plan was all ruined and now... we're just back to square one."

"Do you really think it's because of his job though?" Changbin asks. Curious.

"Yeah, I think so. He's probably afraid I'd ask him to stop working if we were dating."

Minho scoffs. "How can you be so sure about that? I mean, what if he doesn't want to you to find out at all? Meaning, he needs to think about thousand excuses to use just for the sake of not telling you, his boyfriend, the truth?"

Changbin nods in agreement. "That's possible."

Another sight leaves Chan's mouth. "Let's not talk about what ifs. Why don't you guys help me with some plans to get him back instead?"

"Excuse me, are you ready to order? You're holding up the lines." A man says. The three of them immediately apologize to him and mention their orders without thinking too much.

"You said your hoodie is still with him, right?" Minho asks, humming contentedly when the random order he made apparently suits his taste bud. "Why don't you test something with it?"

"What do you mean?" 

"Ugh... this one is too sour." Changbin interrupts. 

"Exchange with mine." Chan offers, then returns his attention back to Minho. "So, what did you mean by that?"

"He wore your hoodie even when he slept too, right?"

"Yeah."

"Bet it's no longer has your scent by three or four days since you left it with him."

Chan blink his eyes. Confused. "You think he wore it because of my cologne?" The idea is kinda make sense if he must say. But since his mind is stuck with 'I like Jisung first than the other way around', it makes his best friend's opinion sounds somewhat irrational.

"That's why we need to test it."

"And how exactly do we do that?"

"There."

Chan and Changbin immediately shift their eyes to the pointed direction.

"We better move now then. They just left." The youngest among the three announces since he accidentally saw Hyunjin and Jisung step out of the café.

With a cup of colorful bubble tea still in hand, they then go to a skin-care product store, successfully make it look so natural and casual despite the fact that the three of them have been observing two particular students.

[pov change]

"Fuck they're still here, Hyunnie!" Jisung whisper-shouts. His slightly trembling hands grip on the older's right arm instinctively.

"Come here."

Without questioning, he follows the taller who lines up in a bubble tea stall. "You're still thirsty after having medium cup of coffee?" He asks cluelessly. 

"It's your time to treat me~" Earning a glare and an adorable puff cheek. "I'm kidding! Just shut up and trust me!"

Straightening his posture, he steals a glance at three seniors who are inside a skin-care product store. "Your crush is looking for a cologne I think." 

And the squirrel like boy, who's trying his best not to check up on what's Chan doing, cannot fight the urge to turn his head at the said male's direction.

"Look! He does buy a cologne."

"Remember the shape and the color, Hyunnie!" Jisung whisper-yells, acknowledging the fact that he's forgetful.

"Shit! I can't see it!"

"Excuse me, young men. Your orders, please?" The same man interrupts. And the two students bow their heads slightly and apologize right away, eyes immediately scan the menu. 

Cleverly, Jisung skips the last step by saying, "Give us two cups of today's best selling bubble tea, please."

The man nods. "Strawberry cream smoothie, then?"

"Yes, please." The two answer simultaneously. 

After paying for their orders - it's Jisung's treat this time - they wait for their drinks to be ready. "Well... they're gone." The younger sighs. Disappointed.

Looking at the number of their queue, Hyunjin decides to drag the smaller boy to the store where the latter's crush just bought a cologne. "We can ask about our orders later."

[pov change]

"See?" Minho smirks upon seeing certain junior students running in tiny to particular store.

"That's cute."

"Of course you don't find it creepy." Changbin shakes his head.

"Because it isn't." Minho unexpectedly defends. "You'll only understand it if you stop playing around and fall in love with someone."

Changbin scrunches his nose. "All I can see is love makes people do stupid questionable shit."

"Exactly." Chan and Minho reply simultaneously, receiving an even more bewildered look from Changbin.

"Let's get out of here before they notice we've been watching them." The oldest adds.

With that, the three of them leave the mall, leaving two junior students who are trying to figure out which cologne that Chan bought earlier.