Chapter 11

"Can you tell me why you rejected me?"

There.

The question that both have been anticipated to finally reach the surface and being uttered.

While one wishing it should never happen despite his dream of being together - as in official; the other has been dying to know since the words "sorry" instead of "let's date" was used as the answer to his sort of confession.

"I'm..." Jisung gulps, unknowingly exhales shaky breath. His palms begin to sweat, not because they're still being held by older, but because anxiety has started to creep up.

Deep down he knows he cannot keep lying; and that there's always risks and consequences for every action he makes. The major difference is, he will either get what he has been dreaming of... or lose it.

And he doesn't want to lose Chan.

To finally declare his true feeling, share his genuine admiration, and probably get to show some of his not so innocent sides; there's countless things he wants to do with the older; and his cowardice has caged him long enough, successfully convinced him that the risk was not worth it.

But seeing certain senior right in front of him; holding his hands not caring of what others will say and looking at him gently and lovingly; he finally comes to conclusions that he is worth the risk.

"Rather than answering, can I show you something instead?"

🌸🌸🌸

As Chan brings his own car, the journey from the café to the destined place takes around 30 minutes. The tension is thick that it feels like they can cut it off with a knife; and both seemingly agree to not open their mouth since their minds are occupied with chains of thoughts - positive and negative being tangled together.

"Let's just park the car at the mall, hyung."

Chan hums. In all honesty, he figures out already where they are heading to; and he'll be lying if he says the idea of calming the younger down, telling the latter that he'll happily and willingly accept him for whoever he is, isn't temping. But he knows it's not the wisest action he could have done. Hence, he stays silent as he's afraid he'd accidentally reveal certain side of his that he's not very proud of.

After all, who wants to date a stalker?

Putting aside the possibility of Jisung liking him back, the idea still sounds incredibly creepy and frightening, probably traumatizing that it's more than enough to make the younger run away from him.

"It's a short walk from here. Is that okay?" He fidgets his tiny feet anxiously.

"Not a problem at all." He smiles reassuringly. Sadly, the action is still not sufficient to drown the younger's anxiety.

The fear on Jisung's face, in fact, becomes even more prominent as they get closer to certain two-storey building. There's nothing suspicious that can be seen from the front; just a regular café.  The major difference is where the customer gets inside.

There's two doors; the one leading to the first floor at the front and the other that provides the customer with a stair that directly goes to the second floor on the side of the building - in which where Jisung works.

Right before the squirrel like boy opens the door, the side one, he turns his heels. "I'm..."

Chan can see the panic reflected on the younger's eyes, pupils frantically moving fast as his mind probably attempts to form a single sentence.

"Jisung." He gently calls the panicky boy, right hand instinctively goes up to caress the latter's cheek softly. "I don't know what makes you jittery like this. But I promise whatever you're about to show me, I won't judge. You have my words." Then smiles reassuringly.

The surge of reassurance instantly floods his system. He almost tears up, in fact. But he blinks his eyelids quickly, not wanting to worry the older even more. "Thank you." He says in a hush voice.

Turning around to face the door once again, he exhales breathy air. Nervousness is still present as he pushes the two-panels door. But this time around, he successfully convinces himself that Chan may understand him - his hidden side of him to be exact.

"I work here." He states as they're climbing the open well stairs. "Just a part time though."

"I know." The senior mentally says to himself.

"Hannie!" One of the staffs calls him the moment he reaches the end of the stairs, naturally hugs the smaller boy afterward. "I thought today is not your shift."

"It's not." He answers once pulling out of the brief hug.

"And who is this handsome boy right here?"

"Bang Chan." The said male introduces himself. He  swears there's this 'knowing look' shared between the younger and the still stranger in front of him. He assumes he has been mentioned once or twice.

If only he knew Jisung has been blabbering about him non stop for more than a year now.

"Well... My name is Sunny and I honestly won't mind if you want me as your maid for today, but I think I know who you'll prefer to be with."

And before Jisung can refuse, the boy named Sunny drags him to certain door, leaving the dumbfounded Chan alone.

"Good afternoon, master. My name is Beol. Let me escort you to your table." Another staff approaches him. He apparently has been watching them from afar, definitely knew what might happen and what he should do after witnessing Sunny dragged the squirrel like boy away.

"Thank you."

The café fortunately isn't crowded. He spots several college students in some tables he passes by; cannot help but irk his eyebrows, lopsidedly smirk upon seeing some males occupy several tables too. It's indeed a whole new experience to see and being served by a handsome and pretty boy wearing cute dress.

And his mind cannot help but picture how pretty his Jisung is in the so called maid outfit.

"Here's your table, master."

And fuck, he almost forgot about the appellation.

"Thanks." He mentally slaps himself upon wishing Jisung to call him master as they had sex months ago.

"Here's the menu. Would you like to order now, master?"

"Yes, please. Gimme a sec."

"As you wish, master."

Opening the menu, he scans it fast, deciding on having omelette rice and an iced tea for himself. "I also want this cute animal parfait." He points at a picture on the menu. It looks cute like Jisung, not to mention the latter has sweeth tooth too.

"Will that be all, master?"

"Yes."

"Your order will be here in 15 minutes." He informs and takes the menu book into his hold. "Will it be okay if I leave you for a while, master?"

"Yup." He mirrors the maid, smiling in return, not forgetting to thank him before he leaves.

He decides to explore the café - with his eyes alone. Pink is everywhere, literally. The walls, the tiles, the tables and its seats. Thankfully, it's not the bright type that makes your eyes squint, but the soft one. It feels cozy and instagramable.

He's busy observing the café to the point he doesn't hear some sheepish tiny footsteps come approaching. Only when it comes into a halt, he glances at the direction.

And to say his breath is taken away is an understatement.