Chapter 7

Jisung has taken a deep breath several times in an attempt to ease his anxious mind. It doesn't help that much though. He in fact almost convinced himself to turn his heels and just go back home, keeping another item from his crush in his a little messy bed room.

"What if he asks me about his hoodie?" He mumbles to himself. "Just tell him I forgot? That'll make me look dumb."

He anxiously taps his feet, huffing some air in annoyance. He realizes the fact that running away won't give him any answers he has been looking for. Not to mention he has done that since these past two months. And yet, he still finds himself hesitating over what step he should take when it's so damn obvious.

"You can do it, Han Jisung!" He reassures himself for the nth time already. Thankfully, this time around, he takes some steps closer to the soccer field before he changes his mind.

He nervously looks around. Some players are still playing while the others have probably gone to the changing room and left the school already.

His steps, however, are halted the moment he lands his gaze on Chan. He honestly doesn't know how to react. Should he feel dejected? Or disappointed? Or angry? But among all, he's obviously perplexed and feeling betrayed.

"I still can't understand why they aren't getting back together." A girl says to her friend.

"Bet. I can't even get why they broke up. They look cute together."

Jisung bitterly smiles, looking at the guy - who proclaimed himself that he was interested in him two months ago - is gently patting his ex's head while smiling handsomely. 

He feels as if his heart has been ripped out, feels like reality just slapped him right in the face; that he either never had a chance to be with Chan since the first place or that his crush never meant what he said to him. 

"I'm such a fool."

Looking at the unpleasant sight once again, he shakily sighs. His chest tightens and eyes brim with tears instantly. He knows he won't be able to hold back if he stays. So he decides to leave the scene immediately before the build-up tears have a chance to roll down his cheeks. 

Unluckily for him, he accidentally collides himself with someone, almost making them fall onto the solid stairs if the other person wasn't strong enough to hold up the impact.

"Oh.. aren't you the boy from the café?" He asks while trying to help Jisung to get back on his heels. When he notices the boy is crying, he shifts his gaze at his best friend in the soccer field, internally cursing at the latter. "What a bad timing. You should wait and hear him out fi-"

"I-I'm sorry. But c-can you give this to Chan hyu- I-I mean Chan sunbae? Please t-thank him for me." With that, the boy leaves without bothering to hear what the other person is about to utter.

Minho sighs. His sharp feline eyes clearly show annoyance. "YAH BANG CHAN!" He yells, making everyone who's still around the soccer field stop whatever they're doing. Then once he gains the older's attention, he points at the bottle he's holding.

Chan looks confused at first until he realizes that it's the bottle that he gave to Jisung yesterday. "Where is he?" He shouts, receiving a shoulder shrug from his best friend.

"I really need to go." He says, earning a somewhat understanding nod from his ex. "And once again, congrats. You deserve the spot." Then smiles and leaves the soccer field, intending to find certain squirrel like boy to clear the misunderstanding.