Chapter 1

Cw: sexual assault

-

[September]

It's such a magnificent view to end the day. The sky looks visually stunning with its orange and red shade as autumn finally comes. Too bad not many people pay attention to the wonderful landscape as they're either busy catching some sleep or scrolling on their phones.

His round eyes avert to the train door when it nearly approaches the next station, sighing quite miserably when seeing the amount of people that line up to get on the express train. Moving his school bag to the front, he's ready to be physically squeezed by those not so tiny, reek of sweat people.

In all honesty, he could be lazily lying down on his lovely bed right now if it wasn't because of his job. But then again, he loves it so much that sometimes he happily discards this annoying reality – he loves it because he can be his true self.

Except for one thing.

He gasps, quite loudly, but people around him don't even notice it, let alone land their gazes on him. He bits his small lower lip, gulping nervously. He can feel beads of sweat have already started to form, ready to glide down his forehead.

"Oh God. Not again. How does he find me now?" He shuts his eyes, breathing shakily as he feels the stalker's nasty hand touches the back of his left thigh.

"I've changed my work schedule three times now. Should I really quit my job?" He unknowingly sniffles, not realizing he's already teary.

"AAAHHH!! LET GO OFF MY HAND! YOU, STUP-"

"And what? Let you sexually assault someone? A minor at that?"

The old man looks back and forth at the others passengers' judging eyes. Contagious murmurs follow seconds later. At that, he seemingly cannot defend himself, especially after he sees the boy he adores so much moves behind the male who caught him in the act. His small hand weakly grips on the latter's black hoodie.

"Careful, young man! You couldn't just accuse someone for assault without pro-"

"What's happening here?" One of the railroad police asks, interrupting the culprit from talking further. It seems that one of the passengers aren't all thoughtless after all and reported the situation promptly to them. "Please cooperate and follow us."

🌸🌸🌸

"Like I said, he lied! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"I clearly saw him touch Jisung inappropriately!"

The police sighs. "How about you, kid? Have anything to say?"

Part of him wants to confirm it. But his other side is afraid the man will fill a report about him having a job in some sort of 'maid café'. It isn't a place a minor like him should work after all.

"Hey... Tell them the truth, yeah?"

The soothing voice obviously piques his attention. Eyes cannot help but stare at his life savior. And he finds nothing but sincerity and kindness reflected on those beautiful irises.

"Don't mind him. You're safe."

Shoot of encouragement spread through his body at the simple statement. Deep down, he might have wanted to hear those words being uttered all this time – that he wasn't alone; and that he was safe and protected.

"He did it."

"You-"

"He sexually assaulted me in the train."

🌸🌸🌸

His tiny fingers fiddle with the hem of the hoodie. Heck, his small figure is in fact looks like it was being swallowed by it. His mouth forms a pout, not knowing what to say. Eyes keep looking down, watching his legs take one step and another over and over again.

Is it awkward though?

Oddly enough, it isn't. He appreciates it if he must say – that the older doesn't shove him with series of questions, even when the intention is to ease the mood.

"I hope this is the right place?"

Jisung looks up and nods as confirmation.

"Go inside. I'll only leave once you close the door."

Turning his heels to the right, he eventually finds the courage to directly face his life savior... or should he says his crush? No, it isn't because the male in front of him just saved and helped him that he considers the latter as his crush; truth be told, he knows who the older is and has been crushing on him for over a year now.

What a miracle if he must say. He internally slaps himself when he considers the taller as his destined prince charming. "Thank you once again. I even give you another trouble by taking me home."

"Not at all. And I don't think I can sleep tonight if I didn't do this." He half lies.

The younger hums. Another silence until he realizes something. "Oh right. Your hoodie." Then tries to take it off.

"Just wear it." He prevents the latter to do so, unknowingly removes the distance between them.

"B-but you'll c-catch a cold!"

The stutter kinda alarms Chan. And without any second thoughts he creates some space between them once again. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"I know." The squirrel like boy throws a lopsided smile. In all honesty, he wasn't scared. If anything, he was flustered at the proximity. "Is your house far from here?"

"Just three bus stops."

"Then... do you want to maybe... come over?"

Will it sound horrible and undoubtedly selfish if Chan admit that this is exactly what his true intention is since the first place? To spend more time with the adorable stranger he just met on the train – a minor that was being sexually assaulted to be specific?

"Actually..." Jisung nervously gulps. "Will it be selfish if I ask you to stay?"