Chapter 8

Jisung can clearly hear the famous Lee Minho screams Chan's full name not long after he left. He doesn't know what Chan will do, but he's sure he won't care even the slightest about the fact that he saw him and his ex being lovey-dovey earlier. And yet, the little hope that he somewhat holds still tells him that his crush will probably run after him.

"As if." He bitterly chuckles.

Deciding not to go home yet, he takes the opposite direction of his house, walking in a quick steady pace aimlessly. But he knows he cannot put aside the fact that it's nearing winter, where the temperature keeps decreasing as time goes by, so he ends up coming to a café near his school, intentionally finding a table where he can hide his tiny self. 

"Here's your order." The waiter says, offering a small smile which Jisung gladly returns.

His heart still hurts. But the warmth of hot chocolate luckily can soothe the pain, even just for a little while.

Deciding to distract his mind from the thought of certain senior, he opens his notebook then writes what he truly feels at the moment. Tears build up instantly as he decorates the white plain paper with his writing. Luckily, he brings himself a cap and hoodie, so he covers his face with it, not forgetting to pull down the hood as well.

There are many things he wants to write. But at the same time, he doesn't know which to put down on his note first. His head is just full of thoughts, mainly repeating the painful scene like a broken record. And his only response to that is contradictory; he isn't sure if he should blame himself for trusting a mere stranger or feel thankful that he finally gets the answer that he has been looking for - the major difference is that he doesn't end up dating the older, but being heartbroken even before it starts instead.

Taking another sip of the hot chocolate, he then takes out his earphone, deciding to listen to some music in hope to distract himself from the voices inside his head.

🌸🌸🌸

It has been hours since he arrived at the café. As the place also provides its customers with some books that are neatly arranged on the shelf, he spends his time to read one of them. 

It's ironic how he reads a romance book, the one with happy ending, when his romance unfortunately turns out to have a bitter ending. Regardless, he still enjoys it.

"Your stomach is okay after drinking four cups of hot chocolate?"

Jisung looks up to find the voice owner and sheepishly nods. "I'm extremely fine in fact." Receiving a chuckle in return.

"I um... my shift is almost over and..." He scratches his cheek nervously. "Mind having some dinner with me?"

🌸🌸🌸

He exhales some hot air onto his bare hands, shuddering at the freezing wind going past him. "Remind me why did I decide to go back home at this hour again?" He asks himself while looking at the watch on his hand. "Oh right... I was being a dramatic emotional mess and crying over a playboy." Then lets out a bitter chuckle.

Fishing out his house key from the bag, he's about to open the white fence leading to his house when he notices someone is standing in front of his house.

He knows exactly who it is. And honestly speaking, he's not in the mood to see, let alone talk to this particular person. 

"It's late already, you should go home." He states coldly to Chan, not bothering to spare him even a glance.

"Can you at least hear me out first?"

Jisung's heart breaks a little upon hearing his crush's voice. It's obvious that the latter has been waiting for him for only God knows how long. Regardless, he lets his head take control over him than his heart this time, so even after hearing the not so subtle desperation laces within Chan's voice, all he can say is:

"I still think you should go home."

-

[A/n] I hate the fact that even though I can earn my own money now, I don't have time to spend it on what I love like watching skz online concert due to work *laugh in pain*