Chapter 2

"I hope you don't mind I'm using your kitchen." Chan says as soon as he sees the house owner step out of his room. The latter apparently just took a shower.

"Oh my God. You're my guest. I should be the one doing this."

"If I'm being honest, I prefer to take care of other than the other way around."

Jisung's little pout turns into a small smile, cheeks lightly blushes hearing the statement. "Let me treat you something later then?"

Chan gently chuckles, definitely loves the idea of them meeting each other again and not so lowkey expects he'll get more and more chances to get to know this adorable human being. "Sure. I'd love that."

They then share a heartfelt gaze for a moment before Jisung shifts his eyes and takes a sit in front of the older in the dining table. It's just obvious that he's flustered. Chan, on the other hand, shamelessly follows every move that the squirrel like boy makes, only to realize that the latter is wearing his hoodie.

"I hope you don't mind I'm wearing this... I haven't washed my clothes."

"Mm. Like I said, just wear it. You look extra cute in it."

"C-cute? How can a boy be cute?"

The blonde raises his eyebrows. "I mean, have you seen yourself?"

This isn't the first time someone calls him cute. Numerous times in fact. Oddly enough, this is the only time he finds himself so speechless that he cannot utter even a single word. It takes quite some time for him to say "thank you" in a hush voice.

"Let's eat before it gets cold." Chan eventually utters noticing Jisung's flustered state that may not end very soon.

"Mm."

"Do you usually eat while watching something?"

Jisung purses his mouth, seemingly thinking. "I do. But only when I'm alone. I love quiet... but not at the same time? I don't know to describe it."

Chan chuckles, but nods in agreement. "I understand what you mean. So what about when you have some company then?"

"Well... believe it or not but I talk... like a lot. But uh..." He scratches his cheek, seemingly hesitant to continue his statement.

"You're quiet when you're with someone new? Is that what you're trying to say?"

"Yes." He throws a small smile, truly appreciates and feels grateful for the older's quick-witted.

"I kinda understand that too." He returns the smile. "I mean, I have this tsundere type of friend. He's unpredictable. Doesn't talk a lot most of the times, but when he does... he can even scream for no reason."

The rather long explanation successfully makes Jisung laugh. And to say Chan doesn't fall in love with the lovely sound is completely a huge lie. "See what I mean?"

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"The word cute suits you."

"S-stop saying stuff like that!" Jisung unintentionally whines, only making the older coo even more. "A-are you always being like t-this?" He asks despite the stutter, trying to shift the attention off of him.

"Being like what?"

"Flirty!" The younger pouts then mumbles, "I never see you like this... at least not in school." But the blonde still catches it.

"Wait... we are in the same school?" He asks, pretending to not know for certain reason.

"Of course he wouldn't know a nobody like me." Jisung says to himself. "Yeah... we go to the same school."

Chan notices the disappointment in the squirrel like boy's voice right away, mentally slaps himself for making the boy sad, but then again, it's better this way he believes. "That's good news then, at least for me."

"Why though?"

"I can see a cutie like you way easier then."

The smaller boy cannot help but have a silly grin plasters on his lips. "You're being flirty again."

"Do you hate it?"

Instead of responding, he intentionally stuffs his mouth with the pasta that the older has made for him.

"You love it I see." Chan giggles. "Still, you should eat slowly though."