Chapter 78 | Outcomes

Start from the beginning

"If anyone who can hate you, it's either me or my dad. I don't understand why is Jungkook doing this way."

"Hana," she stands up and steps towards me. "His hate is genuine. I can bet if you tell everything to a random person, they would hate me too. It's a sin nobody can forgive."

"But I didn't want this to happen."

"This world doesn't work on our needs or imagination, love. It has its own rules, own demands, and its own outcomes. We are just the actors, acting out the script in our hands."

"I'll tell Jungkook that he is wrong. I don't want him to treat you like this. Whatever stays between us, let it be there, but Jungkook's behavior is not justified."

"Hana, my child," she steps even closer now and cups my face with her hands. "I deserve this."

Tears swelled in both of our eyes. Her eyes show me the reflection of mom, and Jungkook; strange how she makes me remember them every time.

"This is my punishment, and I have no right to complain."

"We cannot decide your punishment. It's not in our hands." She cleans her eyes, yet again.

"Hana, the day I visited your dad for the one last time, he told me something, that I cannot ever forget."

"What?" My curiosity grew.

"He told me to live and to not die. If he hadn't said that, I swear I could have killed myself that day. Though it had always been painful for me, especially when you came back, I am glad I listened to your father that day."

"I am glad I am alive today," her voice is breaking as she speaks every word. "To tell Jungkook everything; to tell him that his mother is the worse of humankind; who killed her best friend and her child, and whatever her daughter goes through now without her, it's on me." I could barely understand her, as she is weeping badly, and my face is glistened with tears.

"I am alive to tell him not to ruin his relationships with others, because of me. It's the worst thing he could do. I told him to stop defending me for my sins, and he just did."

She goes back to the table now and grabs some tissue paper. Before cleaning her face with them, she comes and rubs the tissue against my cheeks.

"I am responsible for every tear of yours, and I can never forgive myself for that. I am sorry, Hana. I am so sorry."

My head was hurting seeing her cry like that. The tiredness was killing my back, and the anxiety, surrounded by the rollercoaster of my emotions, was affecting me in a very wrong way. Terribly struck by her, I walk to the door now. Before I could hold the knob of the door, she speaks.

"Hana," she doesn't turn her face to me. "I am in no position to ask you for any favor, but.." she walks to me. When she is close enough, she gently skims her finger on my face.

"Don't throw Jungkook in all this. He has suffered enough in his life, and now I don't want him to endure anything more, just because of me."

She places her hands on my shoulders now, giving me an assured look.

"He loves you more than anything, Hana."

"How can you say that?"

"It's visible. Did you see the difference in him, when you were with him and when you weren't?"

My mind went back to the night Yoongi visited me. He was devastated. He was crying.

"And if that doesn't satisfy you, Hana, because you haven't seen him from your eyes, there's more."

"What?" I mumble, without any thoughts.

"He has started writing again. He has started filling the pages again, with his sorrows. He's going all the way back from where he started."

Aw struck by her words, I open the door and leave her apartment, with endless tears falling from my eyes.

**********************

It has been two days, and I am on the verge of dying. My health has been the worse I could expect it to be, lately. Every moment seems like the last when I have to struggle to breathe, begging my lungs to spare me some space. Dong Woo has strictly told me to bed rest, completely, and get up only if needed. I wonder how long that's going to be.

Thankfully, in the past two days, Jungkook had no plans, therefore Namjoon never called me. I am glad I didn't have to explain to them about my sickness, or else they wouldn't have left my apartment until I was okay. I inhale for the last time in my oxygen mask and kept it aside to get up and eat something. Dad is taking a shower, and I can't wait for him to come back, my stomach is crying. I miss Jin.

The moment I get up and walked to the door at the sloth's speed, my phone rings. I go back, quicker now, and pick it up.

Taehyung?

I answer it and place the phone against my ear, walking towards the door.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey!" His voice is energetic and welcoming. "How are you, Hana?"

"Umm, I am good. What about you?" I manage to speak in a flow when I can't even breathe properly.

"I am good too, yeah."

I wait, but he doesn't speak further.

"Sooo, is everything okay?" I ask him, opening the fridge's door.

"Ah, yes. Everything is fine." He stops again.

"Umm, are you sure you are okay?" he inquires again. I wonder if he could hear my breath.

"I am okay, Tae. Why are you worrying so much?" I put the bread and mayonnaise on the counter.

"No, it's just..," his voice is trembling. "You didn't come for days, so I was wondering."

"Yeah, there was no work, that's-" I block the phone's speaker and inhale like crazy. I better shouldn't speak anymore.

"Hmm," Taehyung doesn't notice my incomplete sentence. I am glad. I put the phone against my ear again, thinking to make an excuse to put the phone down, because if I spoke the next sentence, he would know.

"Sooo," he clearly has nothing to talk about. It's making him so suspicious right now. I open my mouth, but I hear something. As if, the door is opening or closing and someone is babbling. The voices are so clear, that I wonder if he was talking on speaker mode.

"Tae-"

"Hyung, how many times you want me to ask her that?!?!" His screeching voice was hurting my ear now, but the fact that Jungkook was sitting with him, can't be ignored. I recognized it when he was babbling something, but my mind kept on refusing.

"Tae?"

"Oh, I am sorry. I was just a bit frustrated on my...umm frie-"

"Jungkook?"

There's nothing, but silence. I could imagine him staring at Jungkook, with all his anger.

"I-"

"I am okay, Jungkook. You shouldn't worry." I say it in one go, wondering about my strength.

"Bye, Tae." I put the phone down, continuously hitting the cancel button. He can easily fool me, through them.

>>>>>>