Chapter-30

After waking up the next morning, I just lay staring up at the ceiling.

I lift my wrist to my face. Wiping away at the makeup, I stare at the deep scar. I start at the sign of my failure for I don't know how long before I heard my phone signal message.

I pick it up from the nightstand and open the texts.

'Driftwood Gray is a go Boss.'

I release a long breath and then typed back.

'Oh, Blaire, what would I do without you?'

I stretched my armed over my head as I waited for her reply.

'The same things, just less efficiently.'

I laugh at her words.

Throwing off the sheet, I step on the cold tiled floor, shivering slightly. I put the coffee machine to work and enter the bathroom.

★★★★★★

I settle on the couch with a giant mug of coffee and my laptop bag.

I set up the laptop on the coffee table along with my mug. I take out a slim silver pen drive from the bag and attach it to the USB port. Next, I take out a pair of headphones with a mic.

I connect it to the laptop and put it on. I turn on the voice recorder.

I look down at my wrist, the scar hidden by makeup once again. Pulling my sleeve up, I look at the garrote bracelet. I bring it to my lips, kissing it softly.

Turning my head to the side, I look at the sky. It was dawn. The sun's light bathed all the clouds in golden colours. Brilliant shades of pink and orange spread out like ink in water, drowning the sky in the most beautiful of sights.

I brought the mic near my lips, grinning.

"When Gods die, where do they go......"

★★★★★★

I pull the parking brake, stopping the jet inside the hanger.

I get out of the plane and walk out of the hanger into the windy morning of Athens. I pulled down my sunglasses as the bright sunlight assaulted my eyes.

An SUV waited a few feet away with a man standing at guard near it. I walked towards it and the man bowed. I nodded at him and got into the driver's seat. Turning on the engine, I drive away.

I drive out of Athens city, towards The Field. The mafia needed an official stronghold in the country of its origin. I had set up the best architects and planners for it a few years ago. With a large amount of money, they were able to complete the project quickly. I had planned the move for next year but alas, no one took my schedule into consideration before launching an attack.

After an hour of driving 25 miles out of the city, The Field comes into view. Its spread across acres of land. I sat down for the planning and made several changes. The main mansion was surrounded by the apartments of the members and the offices. This lowered the possibility for a bomber to quickly fly over and drop an explosive before being shot down by the infrared sensor missiles. The runway that was built to the back of the building was extremely short so that only my QuestX can safely land on it in emergencies.

I reached the walls with heavily armed men standing guard on them. One of them comes down and shouts for the gate to be opened immediately once he catches sight of me. I drive inside and park in the underground garage. Stepping out, I move to the doors and emerge into the mansion.

I walk through the high ceilinged hallways. The Palladian windows illuminated every corner of the place. The kitchen doors were open and the sound of chatting could be heard from inside.