Chapter-2

Lorenzo's POV (father)

Its been ten years since I lost control of myself and left my principessa in that alley in the middle of the night. She ran away, she ran away from her home because of us.

I had lost my wife, my love and I needed someone to blame so I blamed my daughter but in my grief I failed to see that it wasn't her fault. In my grief I got a little rough with her. In my grief I took out some of my anger on her. I have already forgiven her for leaving her family.

It was only after she was gone did me and my sons realize how wrong we were, how badly we had treated her and that she deserves a second chance. Guilt eats at my insides every time I think about the pain, however small, we had caused her. I'm happy she ran away or we will still be blaming her, only her absence led us to think about it more clearly, that she wasn't at fault here.

Sofia and Andrea still blame her for the death of their mother. Sofia is all the brother's favorite and they pamper her like a princess. But something is still missing without my little girl.

I really hope we can find her one day and apologize for our grief inducted unfair behavior.

I really hope that once we find her, she forgives us when me and her brothers shower her with gifts.

I really hope that when she apologizes to them, Andrea and Sofa forgive her.

I really hope that she can get along with her sister and bond with her on shopping sprees.

I really hope that once we tell her that we forgive her, she will put aside past differences.

I really hope she can forget about her slight mistreatment and we can be a big happy family again.

********

"The Bulgaria mafia leader and his second are dead." One of our men informs us.

"How?" My eldest son, now the Don asks.

"Assassinated in his study, two bullets fired from sniper rifles."

"Why were they killed and who was behind it?" My son asks, as the Bulgarians were are allies and if its one of the smaller mafia's, we are suppose to help them take revenge.

"The Alphas most likely, Alferov stole one of their shipments to England, so they retaliated."

The Alphas, or the Greek and French mafias, they are such close allies that we have stopped referring to them as separate groups. We call them The Alphas as both of them are the top mafias. No one has seen the Bosses, they operate anonymously. Their mafia's only know that there are two Bosses and two Underbosses, the four of them are called The Quad, they are the best assassins in the whole world.

Alferov had be to mentally disabled to mess with them. Everyone tries to keep peace with them because they can end you, your family and you mafia before you can finish saying 'I am sorry'.

I was just about to dismiss the man when my phone rang.

"Hello? Is this Mr. Giovanni?" A female voice spoke.

"Yes, and you are?" I reply coldly.

"I am Mary White, a social worker from the United States. Your daughter Bianca Giovanni's foster parents were killed during a robbery. She is without a guardian, would you like to take her in? If not then she will be put in foster care."

I am stumped by the woman's words. My Bambina is alive and she can come home to her family.

"Mr. Giovanni, are you there?"

"Yes. Yes, we will love to take her in. Please tell her to board the first flight to Italy tomorrow and come home." I speak with authority.

"Of course sir, would you like me to send you the paperwork now?"

"Yes, thank you." I hang up, the broadest smile in years stretched across my face.

Alessandro waves the man to leave. He sees my smile and gives me a questioning look.

"Call a family meeting." I say. He furrows his brow but complies.

*********

"What happened dad?" Sofia asks once we are all settled in the living room. Looking at her cloths and the bags at her feet, she is just back form a shopping trip.

"Bianca's foster parents died and she is coming home." I state excitedly.

"What?"

"Really!?!?"

"Yehhhh!!!"

"Why are you bringing that murderer home?!?!"

The last part was said by Sofia, she thinks that Bianca's still at fault.

"Neonata, it wasn't her fault, childbirth is a very complected and dangerous process." I say gently.

At that Sofia bursts into tears. All her brothers rush to her at once and start to hug and console her.

"Sh-she killed my mother," she says between harrowing sobs, " and yo-you are going to let h-her in, so sh-she could break the fam-family?"

"Soff is right father, we don't know anything about her, she could be a druggi or a goldigging whore. Hell, she could be one of The Alphas spy." Andrea spits.

"She could be a druggi, but she will still be my daughter, I will still love her. I won't judge her but help her overcome all her problems." I retort firmly, with no room for argument.

Sofia and Andrea just made disgusted faces and the rest on my sons beam with excitement. They are eager to meet their sister and win back her love after that unfortunate incident.

Hi everyone, I know this goes without saying but I just want to put it out there that I hated every second of writing the crap in this chapter. Even when I am the one writing this, I still want to strangle him.

But anyways, I hope you liked the second chapter.

I wanted to ask whether you would like character aesthetics?

Thank you for reading.

Have a good day.