"Meredith," he whispered into her shoulder between kisses. She moaned and her shoulder twitched as she pushed her body closer to him, both hands pulling his arm tighter around her waist as she burrowed her head into the pillow. He leaned further over her, his lips placing gentle kisses on every surface they came to; her clavicle, her neck, up and across her jaw line, over her chin towards her lips.

Stretched as far as he could, he hovered, his lips millimetres from hers. "Meredith," he whispered again, placing a quick kiss down. "We need," kiss, "to get," kiss, "up." Longer kiss. Apparently unable to continue slumbering against his onslaught of affection, she finally gave in and responded to his last kiss, rolling onto her back as she deepened it, her hands releasing his to travel upwards into his hair.

Derek wasted no time in manoeuvring closer to her, revelling in the feeling of his naked chest against hers. He straddled one of her legs, resting most of his weight off of her, one strong arm holding up his upper body, the other running aimlessly up and down her side over the trail of goose bumps it was creating. As her hands left his hair to trail along his back, he reluctantly left her soft lips behind to backtrack down the trail that had led him to her lips.

"I wish I could wake up like this every morning," Meredith whispered happily, her vocals chords vibrating under his lips as he kissed his down her neck.

"Mmm-hmm," he agreed against her clavicle. One hand had returned to his hair, subtly directing his movements.

He felt her head and neck shift slightly towards the alarm clock before returning. "Derek," she groaned. "Derek, we don't have much time."

He shifted his leg up a little higher between hers, laying more weight on her small frame. "I can work with that." He told her, panting, as he took a momentary break between onslaughts of kisses.

She smiled, pulling his head upwards to meet her lips once more. "Are you sure," she questioned when she pulled away.

He smirked down at her. "I'm very efficient. I make full use of my time."

She giggled up at him. "Are you, now?"

"Let me prove it to you," he practically growled into her lips.

"M'kay," was all she managed to utter in response.

000

True to his word, Derek had been very efficient, making full use of their time that morning, even suggesting they share a shower afterwards to save time. She had laughed at his confident grin, and nodded her head, allowing him to gently drag her into the bathroom. She could still feel his hands roaming over her still tingling body as he ran the bar of soap across her skin.

It wasn't until they had dried and turned to get dressed that she had realized her dilemma. The dilemma that had led to where she was now, rushing to get changed and out of the locker room before her resident realized she was late. Meredith had refused to show up to work in yesterdays clothing, knowing she would take too many hits from her friends. She had rolled her eyes at Derek's joking attempt to offer her his clothes to wear to work. Like that would solve her problem.

So, she had demanded he take her home before the hospital, where she had rushed to her bedroom to throw a fresh outfit on. Okay, well maybe not a fresh outfit, but at least a pair of pants and a top that hadn't been worn more than once and weren't being picked up off her floor. Less than three months in and she already couldn't wait for the year to be over. She could barely remember what free time felt like.

After their brief detour to her house, they had rushed to the hospital and he had dropped her off at the door. He was an attending and had no surgeries scheduled for the day, so was in no hurry to get himself in at any particular time.