Starting Their Journey

Start bij het begin

"JJ, we see you brought your girlfriend today!" A reporter exclaimed, causing photographers to snap pictures of me.

"Actually, Kat is my fiancé," JJ corrected with a huge smile, send another wave of flashes off.

"When's the wedding?" Another yelled, making me chuckle.

"We were going to wait before getting married," I replied, walking up, knowing I'd need to field some of the questions for JJ since we hadn't gone into detail on all of our plans yet.

"Why are y'all waiting?" A chippy, fake blonde with fake boobs asked, seeming to bat her lashes at JJ.

"I'm currently in the process of enlisting," I smiled politely as JJ wrapped his arm around my waist.

"JJ, how do you feel about your girl getting into such a dangerous job?" An obviously sexist male reporter asked, making my blood boil.

"I'm proud of her, but there is something else I want to say to that question. Katherine doesn't need my approval to become an amazing Marine. She's strong, smart, and independent. My job is to support her, not put her down," he replied to the guy, putting the reporter in his place.

"I will say this, though, JJ actually is the one who encouraged me to follow my dreams of being a Marine. Originally, I was going to walk up here and just leave it at the military. Still, JJ is so proud of me that it's hard not to let y'all know," I smiled, looking up at him as he looked down at me with a smile.

"So, Kat, I know pretty much all of America has seen JJ's appearance on The New Girl, and he's a horrible singer in that episode. Does he actually sing that bad?" A guy asked with a curious grin, making me a JJ chuckle a little.

"I would love to say that JJ is actually a great singer, but I would be lying. No offense to my amazing fiancé, but he cannot sing to save his life. I'll be the one singing our kids to sleep at night," I smirked, placing my hand on his chest, knowing we were kind of an asshole couple.

"Haha, very funny!" JJ joked, poking at my sides, knowing how ticklish I was.

I let out a girlish giggle as he casually tickled me in front of the reporters, making me want to naturally run away.

"JJ, do you ever have to put Kat in her place when she starts nagging you?" The same sexist reporter from earlier asked, sending my blood boiling again

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"JJ, do you ever have to put Kat in her place when she starts nagging you?" The same sexist reporter from earlier asked, sending my blood boiling again.

"Okay, who do you work for?" I asked, getting a little pissed, having dealt with men like him my entire life.

"ESPN, not that it should matter to you," he replied, rolling his eyes at me, not realizing the type of woman he had pissed off.

"Word to the wise, Sir, don't let your sexist thought process interfere with your work." I smiled kindly, remembering my southern upbringing, "you live in a society where women are taking charge in business, TV, politics, and everything in between. You don't want to be the guy who put his foot in his mouth in front of people in high places."