Time Goes On, The Ambitions Of A Scientist

Start from the beginning

On the front page was a picture of a blurry monster that was seven feet tall. It appeared took resemble a sasquach with blue fur, blond locks on the lower part of his mostly bald head, very light lavender skin, and glowing red eyes. The face seemed human, weirdly enough, but had a primal expression about it.

Dr. Wheelo cursed under his breath before making another call.

"...Yes, it's me. It's been a while," The scientist said in a cold fashion. "I have some...supplies for you to pick up."

Forest Clearing, Mount Paozu, Age 774

Nearby the Son Residence, Gohan, who wore his old training gi, was busy dodging attacks from the offensive Videl. Since the school day ended early for them, the two were able to take the extra time on their hands to train with each other.

While informing their parents of their approval beforehand.

"HIYAH!"

Gohan intercepted a right cross with his own, causing a small shockwave. Seeing the half-Saiyan jump back, Videl pursued him with more punches and jabs. While to a normal human, her barrage would most definitely be considered faster than the eye could track, the eldest son of Goku's greater perception of speed allowed him to detect, block, and or evade her blows.

"I can sense the energy flow from your punches! Not bad, Videl-san! But I know you can do more than this!"

Seeing that the direct approach wasn't working, Videl changed tactics. Channeling her ki to power up, Videl charged at Gohan from off the ground to seemingly go for a similar take-down maneuver. Gohan was about to counter again.

Videl smirked, confusing the veteran. When Gohan's fist made contact, the solid appearance of Videl blurred and became intangible.

That's when Gohan gasped, uttering, "Afterimages,"

Suddenly, he was surrounded by seven of them that shared the same devious smirk on their pretty faces.

"What's the matter? Can't tell us apart?" All of them said at the same time. "Go on and find me, Gohan-kun. Do so if you dare."

Sharpening his senses, Gohan quickly detected his opponent's energy signature. Looking up, Gohan found Videl ten feet high in the air.

"Got you!" Videl declared, putting her two hands over her face with her palms facing her. "Solar Flare!"

"Crap baskets!" Gohan grunted as he shielded his eyes out of reflex.

'Now's my chance!' Videl thought.

Descending to where Gohan was blinded, she went on the attack. Using Rapid Movement to get in front of Gohan, she punched his solar plexus to knock the wind out of him. She then proceeded to combo off of her punches and kicks which pushed the hybrid back, performing her Falcon Rush.

To end the chain attack, the girl used a knee strike, then a left-legged side kick, and finally a right-legged roundhouse kick as she shouted, "Eagle Kick!"

The last kick sent Gohan. Before he could sprawl towards the ground, Gohan recovered swiftly by backflipping to his feet.

Wiping his face, Gohan felt a small bruise on his left cheek.

'Huh...I actually felt that!' The stunned scholar said mentally with a small smile beginning to seep through his serious expression. 'Heh! This girl sure is something special.'

The excitement of the feeling caused his tail to sway in such a manner as it hung out in the open.

"Don't let your guard down!" Videl shouted as she rushed at him again.