19

We all sat at the table, talking and talking

Alexander mostly talked to either Leah. Liam or me. He always seemed try to not meet my dad's gaze.

I don't think he is suspecting that we're only faking this because the two of us are playing this fake-dating thing just perfectly.

We already told Leah that Alex and I would plan the gender reveal party what made her very happy. I love Leah. We all do. She has been in our family for a long time because Jacob and her have been together for years now.

"The food tastes delicious, Delilah," Alex tells my mom. Mom insisted on him calling her by her first name. And even though he still doesn't feel too comfortable with the situation, he does what she asks.

We have talked about everything. About Gianna starting to work again, about how Keenan is doing as a principal, and mostly about Alessandro.

My little nephew is sleeping in a crib next to the table with an admirer next to him. My dad got a table and a chair for Liam to sit next to the crib while he eats. Liam fell in love with Ale as soon as he saw Gianna put him out of his stroller. It's adorable and it gives me baby fever which is not good.

Not when I lost the one I planned on building a family with. "Have you heard from Oliver again?" Keenan asks me before he takes a sip of his wine.

"I haven't. And I am pretty glad actually. I'm way happier with Alex than I was with Oliver," don't lie to yourself, Eliana. I already saw the look on Gianna's face. "I hope that's not just because the sex is so much better," she says as she hides her smirk.

Yes. Blurting out that the sex with Alexander is better than with Oliver at Jacob's wedding probably wasn't the best idea of mine.

But I guess right now I deserve partly being the reason why our brother once again almost choked on his food. The same happened years ago when I told Keenan to break Gianna's bed instead of her heart. That's my karma. "Seriously, you two have to stop that," Jacob tells us as he wipes his mouth with a napkin Leah handed him.

I also noticed the death glare dad shot Alexander what made me have to change the subject before Alex would feel even more uncomfortable than he already does. All in all the dinner was amazing. I loved talking and catching up with them after some time again.

And I am happy that Alex is here with me if I am being honest. He's helping me by getting my mind off Oliver and even though I am not in love with him and the fact that he could never replace Oliver makes me think of other things.

He's a good man. He's an amazing father. A really amazing one. A man with humor if he lets himself show it occasionally and not a selfish man at all.

We all listened to Leah telling a story when I felt Alex grab my hand from beneath the table, intertwines our fingers and places a kiss on the back of my hand before he puts our hands on the table.

I looked over to him in shock. "What was that for?" I whispered. Alex let out a smirk before he licked his lips with his tongue and leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Wanted to appreciate my girlfriend." Even though I hate to admit it, I can't deny the smile on my face and the butterflies in my stomach. Also not the ache between my legs caused by the way his voice sounds.

Alex kept my hand in his the whole dinner. Hours passed and we were all lost in conversation before Alessandro decided to wake up and demand Gianna's breast. She excused herslef to go feed him what led to Liam geting bored. "You want to play a game on my phone?" Alex asked him.

It was too late for him to go into the playroom and he also was too tired for it. Liam nodded as he rubbed his eyes, walking over to us. The little boy didn't stop at his dad's chair but at mine. "Can I sit with you?" He asked me in a tired voice. How could I say no to him?

I picked him up and placed him on my lap so his back would be pressed against me and he could put the phone on the table to watch batman videos. The obsession Liam has over batman is crazy. He knows everything about him and loves to tell me stuff about that figure.

It didn't take him long to fall asleep and when he did, I held him like a baby, cradled in my arms. His little snores are the most precious sounds along with the parted lips he has when he sleeps. This little boy is just perfect.

My whole family loves Liam. Especially dad fell in love with him.

I can't blame him. I fell in love with this little boy the second I opened the door for Nadia and him when she came to drop Liam off at Alexander's place.

I got back into reality when I noticed Leah and Jacob getting up. "What are you two doing?" Dad asks them. "We'll head home. Leah's tired and we have some things to do tomorrow," Jacob walked over to kiss our mom's cheek, saying goodbye, before he goes to hug dad. He then walks over to the others to say bye, Leah doing the same.

Alex squeezed my hand and I think this was his sign that he wanted to leave too. I would have liked to talk more to my parents, Keenan and Gianna but I get that he wants to leave. We've been here for hours and Liam needs a proper bed so we said goodbye soon after my brother and sister-in-law left and went home. To our own places.

___________

What do you think?

Love you!