10

What do I do? Can I just open it? I can't go up and tell him the doorbell rang

What do I do? Can I just open it? I can't go up and tell him the doorbell rang. He's pretty sure very much naked. And even tho he has seen my most private areas at the hospital I don't think I could contain myself and just jump his bones as soon as I see him like god made him.

"Eliana, can you open the door, please? I'll be down in a minute!" Oh. Okay then. I hop off the bar stool, walk to the door and think about maybe putting on my own clothes. Still standing in his way too oversized shirt for me and in his boxer briefs underneath it probably looks like we did something under the sheets yesterday. I wish. It's been very long since that happened.

I take one last deep breath and open the door where a feeling of a hit in my gut appears. There's a woman standing in front of me. A drop dead gorgeous woman. She's a little taller than me, has a body I would die for, her blonde curly hair so long it almost reaches her hipbone.

The woman gives me the nicest smile I have seen in a long time. "Hi. Can I help you?" "Good morning. Is Alexander here?" What? Why would she ask for him. "I need to drop something off." She tells me and then looks down. Another shock. There's a little boy standing behind her, hugging her endlessly long legs, his face buried in her blue jeans.

He has the same blonde hair like her but it's not that curly. I want to squish his cubby cheeks. The woman's blue eyes scan my whole body and just as I was about to respond to her, the boy runs away from probably his mother and into the apartment. "Daddy!" He shouts. Daddy?

I turn away from the woman, and look to where the boy ran off to. Alexander is crouching in the hallway with his arms stretched out, the biggest smile I've ever seen on him plastered on his beautiful features.

"Hey, buddy." His arms are wrapped around the much smaller body and he presses his face into the boy's neck. My heart absolutely melts at the sight.

One of his hands moves from his back to his blonde hair and then he looks up at me and the woman standing in the doorway. I've never been more confused before. And have never felt more out of place.

Alex gets up with the boy in his arms and walks over to stand next to me. "He's had a fever this night. Please try to avoid much action with him today. Do you have medicine here in case it returns? I could go and bring you something from a pharmacy nearby?" The woman asks Alexander.

Alex first gives the boy a kiss on the forehead before he replaces it with his palm. "He's still a little warm. But I have something here, Nad. Thank you." She gives him a nod and then returns to look at me, giving me the kind smile again. "I'm Nadia by the way. And this is my- our son, Liam."

So he really has a kid. With a pretty much perfect woman. "I'm Eliana. It's very nice to meet you, Nadia." And then, out of nothing, there's a big hand moving from my lower back to my hip and pulling me to Alex's big body. What is he doing?

"She's my girlfriend." His words are even more shocking than his actions. Nadia raises an eyebrow and smiles at him in disbelief. "How did someone so beautiful decide to agree to date you?" She asks him.

"How did you decide to have a kid with me?" He asks her back in a joking way. "Ha ha."

Alex removes his hand again and grabs his son with both of his arms to get closer to his mother. "Say bye to mom." He tells him.

Nadia looks at her son with so much love, grabs his little face and attacks him with kisses. "I love you, baby. I'll see you soon, okay? Be kind and have fun with daddy." Liam extends his hand and waves at her, telling her goodbye before waddling into the living room.

Alex and Nadia look at me and I know it's my cue to leave them alone. "It was nice to meet you, Nadia." "Same here." And with that, I walk into the direction Liam went to. I can still hear them talking and I sadly can't help myself but listen to what they say.

"You're here so soon. Is everything okay?" He asks her. "Yeah. I just have to be at work sooner because I switched shifts with Emily." "You're working today?"

"Of course." They both stay quiet for a while. "There's a rain storm coming up. What if you can't come home in time?" "There's a bed at work." He rubs his forehead and releases a sigh. "Please go home, Nadia. I don't have a good feeling today."

"I'm okay, Al. I can't just say I can't come today." "Just quit the job. You know I would give you all my money if it's for you and Liam to be financially stable and safe." Nadia chuckles and I take a short look back over my shoulder and see how they hug.

"I like my job. And you know I only take money from you when it comes to Li. This isn't about him." "You're his mother, Nad. Your safety does concern him. But I know I can't do anything to convince you. Just please tell me when you need help, alright?"

"I will, Alex. Thank you. Have fun, love you." "Love you too." He responds to her. Just as I thought she left I heard her. "She's beautiful." "Bye, Nadia." Is his only response before he hugs her again and closes the door behind her.

He returns to us and gets over to his son to take off his jacket and shoes before returning to me. "You want to stay for breakfast?" And I did. It was probably one of the best breakfasts I've had in a long time.

_______

We didn't say anything while eating. The only sounds were the little ones Liam made when he munched some bread into his little mouth. I was just about to get upstairs and get myself ready for leaving when the TV changes channels to the news flash.

"The storm arrives sooner than thought. If you live in New York, don't come outside of your houses until we tell you it's safe again. It's for your own safety."

I won't stay here. I look over at Alexander and he already does the same. "Don't even think about it. There's no way in hell I would let you drive home."

_____________

AHHHHHHH SO MUCH IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW

What do we say about Liam and Nadia?

Love you!