Forty One

Tuesday 6th December 2023

Sitting in the Chelsea friends and family area, watching Mason play against Arsenal my mind wouldn't stop racing about this weekend. It's what I've been working for since I was 3.

The teeny tiny little girl, racing go karts with the older boys, being made fun of and having to wear a race suit that swamped her and that she had a pink helmet, she'd be so proud and I cannot let her down.

"You ok darling?" Debbie, Mason's mum, placed her hand on my knee as she noticed it wouldn't stop bouncing up and down "Y-yeah, just thinking about this weekend" I smiled "Oh Ez, don't worry about it, we'll be there, your mum and dad will be there and all your friends. We'll have such a good time. And then you'll win the championship and then we'll all get so drunk we won't be able to remember you even winning the next morning" She smiled "Yeah, sounds good. Are you flying with us tomorrow?" I asked "No darling, we're flying with your mum and dad in the afternoon" Debbie replied and we then turned our attention to the match.

Wednesday 7th December 2023

Stepping onto the jet last with Mason, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, this was it. I step on this plane and I then have to go to the race. "You ok lovebug?" Mason asked as I had stopped walking up the stairs "Yeah, let's go" My eyes opened and I carried on walking.

👤 ezraliajulesking

Liked by masonmount, f1 and 13,874,203 others ezraliajulesking Unforgettable weekend loading

ezraliajulesking Unforgettable weekend loading...

View all 183,901 comments

_

"I'm proud of you Ezralia" Mason rubbed my back as I sat in my seat up right and my elbows on my knees "Thank you Macey" I looked up at him "You wanna talk about the weekend?" He asked and I moved over in the chair so we could sit together.

"What if I don't win?" I whispered "Then you don't win baby. It's ok, you've gotten this far and have proven to everyone you can do it and be up there with the men, winning races against them, being a contender for the world championship" Mason ran his index finger up and down my back "But I can't lose, it's not an option. Too many people are wanting me to win, teeny tiny me is wanting me to win" I again whispered "You've already made the people around you proud. That's all that matters lovebug" Mason kissed the top of my forehead. Shutting my eyes, trying to calm my racing mind down, I took a deep breath in and opened them.

===

Arriving in Abu Dhabi, the paparazzi were already waiting for us at the private airport, with their cameras ready. "Holy shit" I looked out my window and found the sea of cameras already flashing. Walking down the steps I smiled and almost ran into the car that was waiting for me.

👤 f1insider