Sixteen

Tuesday 18th April 2023

"I love you Macey" I whispered as we laid in bed "I love to too, I'm sorry I can't go to this race weekend with you lovebug" He rolled over to face me "It's ok Mace, you have your own career" I smiled "Anyway Isabel's coming with me so at least I have her" I continued.

+++

Waking up at 7am the next morning, I got up carefully not wanting to wake Mason. I got in the shower and then got dressed and ready to leave.

"Bye Macey, I'll text you when I land. Love you" I whispered into his ear as he was still half asleep "Bye Lovebug. Have a safe race, I love you" he replied still with his eyes shut. Laughing to myself I shut the bedroom door and then grabbed me keys to drive to the private airport.

Reaching the tarmac, I got out the car and handed my keys to the chauffeur then taking my duffel bag with me and climbed up the stairs into the jet. 

"Is there anyone else we are waiting for Miss King?" An air hostess asked me "Yes, Isabel Ricciardo" I smiled then getting back to answering my assistant on the phone.

Once Isabel finally arrived, we departed to Italy. "Ya know I was thinking about buying a jet" Isabel said sipping her champagne "Just use mine" I replied "Yeah but what if you are using it?" She questioned "I only use it when I fly to Europe races that aren't double headers. And the way the FIA are going at the minute, I won't ever be home to use it" I laughed.

👤ezraliajulesking
📍Somewhere in the sky

Liked by masonmount, vogue and 8,910,634 others ezraliajulesking Italy here we come 😏 💚🤍❤️

ezraliajulesking Italy here we come 😏 💚🤍❤️

View all 152,019 comments

_

Finally touching down, Isabel and I got off the jet and were greeted with a chauffeur to drive us to the hotel.

+++

Shoving open the hotel room door, I stopped dead in my tracks. "Mumma?" I said in a small frail voice "Daddy?" I said as I saw him just behind mum. Launching myself into their arms, tears began to roll down my face. These two people are what keep me going. But they don't know, they don't know about my Insomnia, anxiety and the incidents that happen off track. They'd be worried sick every time I wasn't in their view and I could never do that to them, I only show them the good parts, my happy parts. They sacrificed a lot for me in my karting years, my mum picked up another job on top of her full time one and my dad drove me to every single race and was the one who fixed my kart, staying up for nights on end being my mechanic even though he had a 8am till 8pm job that was physically and mentally demanding. I owe them a lot, and for me to bother them with my burdens would be unfair, so I leave to them live the simple life they wanted. A beach house in Cornwall, where they can relax all day and walk the dog together in big fields. Without any worries, it's the least they deserve.

Lights Out and Away We GoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara