Thirteen

Sunday 9th April 2023

Even though I had asked Christian to try and get Netflix off my back, he couldn't. As soon as I got out my car they were up my arse, shoving their massive camera in my face and the mic constantly hanging over my head.

👤ezraliajulesking
📍Melbourne, Australia

Liked by masonmount, landonorris and 7,738,919 othersezraliajulesking Race day in Australia! Thankful i'm able to race 🤎 Let's gooooo!

ezraliajulesking Race day in Australia! Thankful i'm able to race 🤎 Let's gooooo!

View all 726,019 comments

_

Walking into the paddock I had my hood up and completely ignored their questions walking along with Mason.
Until... "Ezralia, do you think their attack on you was justified because you were the one who came into a man's sport?" The arsehole of presenter said, trying to poke the bear. But guess what, it worked. "What the fuck did you just say?" I spat, taking down my hood so I could see the fucker, not replying he smiled knowing he's getting the content he wanted "Repeat it, I fucking dare you" I growled shoving him backwards "Ez-" Mason said then quickly moving to pull me off the fucker. "Fuck you, and fuck your Netflix show. You try and film me again and see what happens." I yelled shoving the man again before Lando and Max reached me, both wrapping their arms round my back to block me off from the man. Mason then ran to the Red Bull hospitality to open the doors. As we were about to walk through the door I lifted my arm out and showed them my middle finger, knowing they were still filming me. "Not necessary" Max snarled, pushing me through the door "Whatever" I rolled my eyes, then storming to my drivers room and slamming the door shut so everyone got the memo not to follow me.

+++

It was an 35 minutes before lights out, so I had to leave my drivers room. I only let Wren in as we had to do our pre-race warm ups, which I will admit, calmed me down a bit. At least to the point where I didn't want to punch someone.

"Right, time for track young lady" Wren said as I needed to get my car out onto the grid "Yea let's go" I got up from the couch and straight to my car.

"Radio check Ez." "Yep loud and clear" Then getting the thumbs up so I could go and put my Bull in the P2 spot.

Getting out the car I walked down to the P5 spot where Lando's McLaren was parked "Hey Lando sorry about earlier" I smiled, the British driver walked over to me and pulled me into a hug wrapping his arms round me "It's ok, if I was you I would have done a lot worse" Lando giggled "I'm surprised I had that much will power" I laughed with him.

Standing in the garage with Mason, we talked and laughed before the race. I again apologised to him for the way I acted earlier and he forgave me, not caring how I acted but he was proud I stood up for myself.

+++

"And it's lights out and away we go here in Melbourne." Crofty said from the commentry box "It's Lewis Hamilton in P1, Ezralia King in P2 and Max Verstappen in P3."

30 laps into the race and 1 pit stop later and I felt like I was on my last leg. "J-Jake" I cried, through the radio "Yes, Ezralia." He jumped as I had been silent on the radio for a couple of laps, since my ribs had become unbearable. "I-I can't race" I breathed heavily "Ezralia, what do you mean you can't race?" he questioned "M-my ribs. I can't breath" I winced "Okay hold on Ezralia. Let me speak to Christian quickly".

"What's happened with King? She seems to be slowing down and getting sloppy" Crofty questioned live on Sky Sports "King seems to be pitting. But why? She pitted only 10 laps ago" He carried on.

"Pit confirm Ezralia. Box, box. Box, box. We have the medics on the way to the garage as we speak" Jake said as I rounded the last corner "Copy" was all I could get out.

Stopping at the pits my team spun the car around and wheeled it into the garage "Ezralia you can get out the car" Jake said as I was still sitting in the cockpit "I-I can't move, m-my ribs. Jake please help" I pleaded with him "Ok, ok calm down. We'll get you out" Jake calmly replied.

Wren pulled my helmet and balaclava off as I sat in pain in the car "Ezralia what happened?" Wren said after he placed my things down "M-my r-ribs" I tried to get out, trying not to hyperventilate. With Christian on one side and Wren on the other, the medics instructed them to help pull me out whilst they kept my side supported.

Finally being lifted out of the car Mason picked me up bridal style and carried me to the medical centre. I buried my head into his shoulder hiding my tears from the camera's.

+++

For the second time that week I was now sitting back in a hospital bed, with 5 others gathered round me waiting for the doctor to come back.

"Everything is looking good for you to be discharged Miss King" The doctor said, shutting her note book "All we ask is that you are on bed rest for the next week or so, no training or heavy lifting. Before your next race, you will need to be cleared by your doctor back home to give the all clear. Understood?" She continued "Understood" I gave a tight smile back "Thank you, doctor" Christian said as she left the room. Making sure the door had clicked shut Horner rushed over and started his interrogation.

"All right Jesus Christ, I'm sorry" I pouted "That was so fucking dangerous Ezralia." Christian shook his head "Okay, she understands. Just let her rest" Wren jumped in saving my arse.

iMessage

Max Verstappen🦁
Ez, are you ok? What was that?
they wouldn't tell me what's
wrong on the radio.

I'm ok now. Just my side
was acting up where I got
kicked, felt like I couldn't
breathe so I retired the car.

Max Verstappen🦁
Where are you now?

Hospital, Don't worry though
just getting my ribs checked out

Max Verstappen🦁
The fucking hospital? I'm
grabbing Lando and then
we'll be there

Don't worry about it Max
I'm fine. Lando's probably
celebrating his podium,
and so should you!

Max Verstappen🦁
Too late

_

Rolling my eyes, I shut my phone off mentally preparing for another interrogation from Max and Lando.

Half hour later Max Verstappen, Lando Norris and Max Fewtrell all came storming through the door. "Ezralia this is more than just getting it 'checked out', fuck sake why didn't you tell me" Max said, looking at me wide eyed "It's fine, I should be able to leave soon. I just have a bruised rib" I said trying to calm the angry man down. Lando walked over giving me a hug and then so did Fewtrell. Max being the angry overprotective brother that he is, stormed out to find the doctor who was seeing to me. "Ignore him, he's just worried about you" Lando said "He basically raced here and kept shouting at the other drivers to hurry up" He continued "He worries too much" I laughed "Ezralia, it's serious. You need to tell people when your hurt" Lando's expression turned serious "Don't. I've already had a lecture from Horner" I cut Lando off.

+++

Finally being discharged, I walked out the back of the hospital with Mason's arm wrapped round me and our car waiting to take us back to the hotel.