Four

Friday 18th March 2023

"Okay Ezralia, everything feeling good?" Jake my engineer asked through the radio as I was about to leave the the Redbull garage "Yep everything feels how it's supposed to" I replied giving him the thumbs up as I passed him driving out of the garage.

Today was Friday which meant FP1 and 2 of the Bahrain Grand Prix, the first race of the 2023 season and many eyes were on me. I was being held to higher expectations from my team and the fans as it's now my 3rd season in formula one and now competing for the World Championship against my teammate.

I complete my out lap and get ready to start my fast lap. I cross the start finish line like a bullet and am wanting to keep it that way the whole way round the track.

"Well done Ez, you've gone fastest however Verstappen nor Hamilton have gone out there yet" Jake tells me as I cross the start finish line completing my first full flying lap "Okay I'm staying out till Verstappen and Hamilton have completed at least two of their fast laps" I replied waiting for them.

For the next 5 minutes I drove round the track keeping my tires warm however not completing any fast laps so I can take in the track better and asses all the apexes and where to hit them so I get the most out of each corner.

"Okay Ezralia Max has just come out the garage with Hamilton following" Jake tells me "Okay perfect, I'll speed up this lap a bit to get my tires ready for my flying lap" I replied slightly pressing down on the accelerator.

"Ez Max has gone fastest with Hamilton 2 tenths of a second behind making you P3" Jake said "Okay about to start my flying lap" I replied then shutting off my radio.

I crossed the start finish line completing my flying lap and letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. "Well done Ez, you are now back into P1 with a full second advantage on Verstappen" Jake told me as I cheered "Oh my fucking god! YESSSS" I replied shouting down the mic.

I pitted after that not seeing a reason to go back out, Max and Lewis tried to get back the P1 spot however failed as the hour FP1 session ended and Max was still half a second slower than me.

FP2 rolled around quickly and ended quickly too as it was red flagged due to a Williams spinning out and causing a load of debris to cover the track.

Messages

Izzy Ric❤️‍🔥
Yo babe, well done on your
FP1 and 2 today! You want
to meet at the hotel and
go grab some drinks?

Ezralia King
Yes, would love too but I'm
going to have to stick
to mocktails 😔

Izzy Ric❤️‍🔥
Yeh that's fine! I'll drink
for the both of us then 😉

Ezralia King
Alright meet you in the
bar x

And as I sent the message I changed out of my team gear and put on some comfy but cute clothes as there is bound to be fans wanting pictures. I walked into the bathroom to freshen up and redo my hair as helmet hair isn't a cute look.

👤ezraliajulesking