Twenty Three

Sunday 20th May 2023

👤formula1news

Liked by username1, username2 and 4,850 others formula1news Ezralia Jules King arrives at the track this morning and heads straight to Red Bulls garage!!

formula1news Ezralia Jules King arrives at the track this morning and heads straight to Red Bulls garage!!

View all 294 comments

_

"Hey Lucia" I waved as I entered the Red Bull garage "Hey Ezra" she smiled then getting back to looking at data for Max's car. Lucia Quinn, I met her a couple years ago as she worked for AlphaTauri for a couple years and then was moved to Red Bull this season as one engineer had to drop out of the travelling every weekend.

"Morning Ezralia" Christian smiled "Morning" I replied passing him in the hall way "We have a meeting for you in an hour, the team need to know what your doing so they don't give you information for next season" Christian said "Oh yeah ok" I smiled and walked to my drivers room.

===

50 minutes later and I was walking into the meeting room where everyone was already waiting. "Ah you're here Ezralia, please sit" Christian gestured to the seat next to him, giving him a tight lipped smile I walked over and sat down with EVERYONE Watching me. "Good morning everyone, Helmet and I have recently discussed Ezralia's futre with us. Now it has been decided, it's time to share with you all. Ezralia..." Christian started and then let me take over "Uhm, good morning everyone" I stood up "My future in F1 unfortunately won't be with Red Bull racing and all you lovely people. Tuesday morning I signed a 2 year contract with Mercedes. Although I am moving to a rival team next year, I hope we can continue the amazing work we've already completed this year and become the formula one team with the first women and youngest world champion." I said. I was starred at blankly, as if no one knew what to say.

"We'll miss you Ezra" Max stood up to pull me in for a hug "Thank you" I whispered into his ear.

"Ok that's all team, let's have a great race" Christian finished the meeting 20 minutes later. We all stood up and rushed to where we needed to be.

+++

Amongst the chaos of the last 20 minutes before lights out, we were all on the grid with our racing suits tied round our waists, sweating bucks under the Spanish sun. Standing next to Lando and Max whilst listening to the national anthem, out the corner of my eye I could see Lando's corner of his lip twisted upwards. Thankful I had my sunglasses on as my eyes would have given it away that I was trying not to laugh at Lando, the boy then started to sing and let out a loud voice break. Not wanting to laugh during the national anthem, I placed my head down squeezing my eyes shut as if I looked in Lando's direction I would be done for.

As the lady finished singing and the national anthem finished, both of us let out a laugh and turned towards each other. "Holy shit" I laughed, wiping my eyes from tears. 

Walking down the grid together, as I qualified P2 and Lando P3, we managed to dodge all the interviews and successfully reached my car without being interrupted. "Have a good race King" Lando smiled, patting my back "You too Norris. I expect to see you on the podium with me, on a lower step of course" I teased "Yeah, yeah. See you in an couple hours time" He then walked to his McLaren.

+++

"Radio check King" Jake said as I sat in my car and adjusted my gloves "Yeah, loud and clear" I confirmed "Just so you know, back half of the grid are all on softs. Ocon is Hard, Russell is Hard, Sainz is Medium, Ricciardo is Medium, Hamilton is Medium, Leclerc is medium, Vettel is Soft, Norris is Medium, You are Hard and Verstappen is also Hard." Jake told me "We are sticking with Plan A, there are no worries of having to change that as far as we can see regarding weather, but you never know" He continued "Ok, copy" I said "Lights out in 2 minutes. Formation lap is now" Jake said and then shut off the radio as we're not allowed to use it during the formation lap.

+++

Getting one of my best starts, through turn one I was able to go round Max and secure my P1 spot within the first 30 seconds of the race. "Good move King, let's go" Jake radioed. Clicking the button to let him know I got the message I put my head down and defended my position.

"What a move by Ezralia King! She's now P1 in the Spanish Grand Prix, overtaking her teammate Max Verstappen"
"However Max doesn't sound too happy over the radio"
"Let's hope Horner gives the green flag to let his two drivers battle it out for P1"

"Just a little heads up Ezra, Max is demanding for Horner to let him race you as currently he's been told to keep behind you" Jake informed me "Tell Horner to keep him there, I have the faster car it's clear" I defended myself "My race isn't with him, we finish 1-2. With me winning" I shot back telling him how I wanted the race to end.

3 laps later and I got team orders that I didn't want to hear "Ezra, Horner has given the green light to allow Max go race you" Jake said on the radio "Fuck sake. Ok, he's not winning though, I don't give a shit" I replied turning the radio off and getting ready for Max to to try and overtake me.

For the next 40 laps and a pit stop, Max was only ahead of me for a total of 5 laps. Crossing the line in P1 and Max in P2, I raised my hand over the halo and waved to the crowd.

Parking up in Park Fermé I posed for the camera and then ran to my team to celebrate with them. Jumping into Wren's arms he picked me up and patted my back like he always did "Well done Ezra!" He yelled before letting go "Thank you!" I yelled back and returned to get weighed and interviewed.

"Good racing Ezra" Max placed his gloved hand on the top of my back "You were difficult to keep behind Maxy" I smiled and turned round to give him a hug "You've gotta let me win one weekend Ez" he teased "Never!" I softly hit his arm and he then walked away as it was his turn for the interview.

iMessages

Macey💙
Well done lovebug! Proud
of you!!

Thank you love❤️ Was a tough
race but I'll tell you all about it when I
see you in Monaco xx

Macey💙
Alright my love, have a
good nights sleep, you
deserve it baby. See you in
Monaco tomorrow evening, I
love you x

I love you too <3

_