Epilogue

"Congratulations on the success of your first operation, Dr. Cameron; I am astounded."

I gladly took my professor's hand with a small smile as he greeted me. I just got my specialist license yesterday and Prof already wanted me to operate as the main surgeon. I have no choice but to take it. I've been his four year asisstant for my four years of residency here in New york Medical. 

"How about renewing your contract here, Ethan?" He asked me again.

I shook my head. "My decision is fixed, Prof. I'll be leaving tomorrow,"

"That's so sad, I will lose a very talented student in this hospital," He said, Sadness on his eyes was evident.

"There's a lot of us, Prof. You won't lose a single penny."

"It would be amazing if you're here, Ethan. You're very talented. You became a general surgeon for just a short period of time, And you just perform your first surgery right after you got your license. There's no one I could compare to you,"

"Thank you for that, But my plan won't change. I'll be leaving new york and start my work in Laurel,"  I said again.

"Would you mind if I ask you why?" Curiosity really made him to ask.

Napangiti ako ng bahagya at napatingin sa bracelet na suot ko. It was from her, She gave it to me on the day she said yes. I never took it off, Atleast whenever I see this, It feels like she's with me all along.

"My girl is waiting for me," I simply said before I bowed infront of him, Saying my goodbye.

Falling for her wasn't falling at all. It was like walking into a house and suddenly knowing you're home. Sa kanya ako uuwi kahit hindi ako sigurado na meron pa akong uuwian.

"Uuwi kana tol!? Sa Pilipinas?" Cohen held my arm like a child.

"I am." Tipid kung sagot.

"Bakit?! Why?!"

"To get back to her, Obviously," Sumapaw si Rex.

"Eh? Kay Madam Doctora ba? Inlove na Inlove ka dun no? Lakas ng tama mo dun ah!" Cohen said dramatically, pointing me.

Rex was already aware why I took medical. He never left my side and became my constant companion. He assisted me with my work as well as his. Labas pasok siya sa Pilipinas just to look out my company and his company there. Cohen also made a sacrifice by leaving from his job as an army officer in the Philippines and forcing himself to use his prosecutor license and work in New York. It was all because of me. They just won't leave my side.

"Sige! Sama na ako. Kung san ka dun kami, Kahit sa libingan, Diba Rex!?" Cohen insisted.

"Mamatay kang mag-isa mo." Rex answered raising his middle finger.

The next day, I didn't expect them to booked a flight along with me to go back to the Philippines. Buti nalang at stable na ang kompanya ko sa new york so my work as a doctor won't be affected.

"I already bought half of the shares in Laurel, Anytime soon they will text you." Rex explained while facing his laptop.

"Bakit mo binili? Bibilhin mo Laurel? Angas mo naman Doc," Cohen can't talk properly because he's eating his lunch.

"He will do anything just to get close to his Doctora again," Rex rolled his eyes, Smirking.

Cohen gave me a teasing look. Umiwas naman ako ng tingin, That was true. I am doing anything just to get close to her, If it means buying Laurel.... I'll do it. I'll do anything for her. Ilang minuto pa ay kinuha niya ang cellphone sa bulsa niya and took a photo of me.