Chapter 19

"Are you alright?"

Nilingon ko si Ayla na ngayo'y katabi ko sa upuan. Monday. Ito ang huling araw na makikita namin ang mga business man and other business handlers na naglaan ng mga oras nila for the seminar here in Laurel.

"Yeah," sagot ko at ngumiti.

I was spacing out kanina pa, I tried to hide it but I am not good at hiding emotions. Ayla was too worried since I arrived earlier, She never left my side hanggang ngayon. Parang buntot ko na.

Hindi ko alam kung sabog paba ako o hindi. Drinking is not that good for me, I am not like Yeji and Ayla na immune na sa alcohol. I really taught that this would be a good day but Mommy called me earlier saying sorry, She also said na maayos namang napakalma ni Lucas si Dad. They handled it smoothly. I feel bad, Early in the morning palang ay napapa-overthink na agad ako. Overthingking is quite a habbit of mine lately.

Parang feel ko ay nagiging pabigat ako sa lahat. Hindi ko kayang sagot-sagutin si Dad, He is still undergoing on his theraphy for his heart conditions. Ayokong palalain yun. And at the very first place, Wala akong karapatan.

"I'd want to express my gratitude to everyone who took part in our once-a-year seminar here in Laurel, especially our businessmen and women who volunteered their time for us," Our President stated gratefully.

"Today is the last day, the closing ceremony, and I'd want to introduce to you the director of this seminar, Ms. Jewel Dale Cameron, who did everything she could to ensure that it was a success. A round of applause to Ms. Jewel Dale Cameron."

Agad akong napatingin sa entablado ng marinig ang pangalang yun. Jewel? Cameron? Nakita ko ang isang babaeng maganda ang hubog ng katawan habang nakasuot ng kulay brown na tuxedo.

And I was right! It was the girl who once visited Levi's house. She had this jolly awra when she smile, Hindi naman pala siya ganoon ka intimidating tingnan.

"Good morning, everyone. I apologize for taking up your time again,
Doctors and Nurses, for this closing 
ceremony; I understand you all have abusy day ahead of you, so I will keep 
it brief." nakangiti nitong simula

"At first, hindi talaga ako payag na maging head ng seminer na'to, Dahil nadin sa business trips out of the country," she claimed, looking at the audience. "But thanks to my brother who tried his hardest to persuade me, kaya andito ako ngayon." Some of them burst out laughing.

Nasa itaas akong bahagi naka upo and I can't really see the people who are sitting in front. I guess, Leviste was there sitting as well. Since part din siya ng seminar, And the most famous one kaya di siya pwedeng mawala.

"Thank you, too, to my dedicated coworkers who support this event, especially my mother, who came today despite her busy schedule." sabi niya and nagpalakpan naman ang iba kaya ganun nalang din ang pagsabay namin ni Ayla kasama ng iba pang doctors.

"I hope that all of our efforts were not in vain and that we were able to successfully teach you the essence of business in today's generation. For the entire week that I was here, I was truly amazed at how a doctor saves countless of lives every day, and it truly makes me proud that they can still manage to lend time for this activity. Kudos to our Doctors here in Laurel!"

Lahat ulit ay nagpalakpakan kaya napilitan kaming tumayo. Lahat ng department ay andidito ngayon, Hindi man lahat ng doctors pero may representative parin. Most of them kasi is busy today since it's monday. Walang pinipiling araw ang disgrasya.