THIRTY - FIVE

Começar do início

As the night fall, the two young men left for a friendly talk out in the middle of the field. A secure place where no one would get a chance to eavesdrop without their knowledge. The cold breeze and faint sound from the festive in the city lingered in the atmosphere sending vibes which made both the men smile.

"You are not as bad as everyone claims to be, Your Highness." Manickavasan started as he stared at Dhruva with admiration.

"Really? Do people here know about me?"

The farmer's son laughed shaking his head. "Not exactly you but your kingdom on the whole."

Dhruva nodded with a sad smile. Someone's impulse influence had given an entire nation a reputation one can never be proud of. No, it wasn't true. The people in his kingdom are all wonderful people just like Nachimuthu and Manickavasan but they had to bear the bad name because they belong to a kingdom as such. I will change it.

"Manickavasa, I have something to ask you. Can you tell me exactly what happened during the period you were held captive? Everything from here to how you end up in Ilyadari forest," asked Dhruva in hope to get at least a small hint of the person responsible.

"If this helps to get my friends and uncles back, I will surely tell you everything I know." Manickavasan agreed and shared details of the unpleasant and life-threatening event.

From Manickavasan's narration, Dhruva could only conclude the person behind the abduction was a lady and she certainly has a bad backstory with Kavish. The only person who had openly declared enmity with Kavish was his stepmother, queen Kumudhavalli but she had disowned her resentment with the kingdom long back citing her age and for the future of the people. If it wasn't the queen then who could it be? It was another missing puzzle which he would only find it in Durja.

**--**--**--**

As promised Asogan turned up at Nachimuthu's house on the evening of the third day. Dressed in fair tunic and dhoti, Asogan stood with the support of his staff outside the farmer's house. Asogan's unrelenting gaze on Dhruva made him feel exposed and threatened as the former whom he knew nothing about knew his identity. Nevertheless, Dhruva remained calm.

The purplish sky was the cue, time for them to head to the city and be a part of the celebration. On the third day of Rati as scheduled there were performance from the most hyped dancing troop the Myna, known to their versatile dance number with huge number of dancers and the Sarvesh Nadagam, a drama company which plays mythological to contemporary scripts in ease. Everyone heading to the city spoke of this and that preforming groups with growing anticipation.

"Can I ask you something, ayya?" asked Dhruva to the old man who was leading him and Manickavasan to the city square.

Asogan nodded. "How did you know about me?"

"When I speak to someone, I look pass their eyes and see their soul, their mind. I knew you are a royal blood, born to make a difference, either good or bad that depends on you," explained Asogan and beckoned them to follow.

"I'm sure he is born to make a good difference," commented Manickavasan with his fist pumping in the air.

Manickavasan's confidence in him was a surprise, something he did not expect to have garner in such a short span of time. It had always been in his mind that for a man to earn trust and respect from those who have hated his linage, he had to undergo hardcore penance. The farmer's son made him realise a simple act of kindness could be a stepping stone.

I guess that is how it is done. Step by step, true to oneself and kind to others.

The young men followed Asogan to the city square where rows and rows of canopies were arranged for vendors to put up stalls from all around Kavish. Lights lit so bright, it appeared to be daylight under the darkening sky and as the day goes darker, announcements were made for upcoming games and performances. The trio blended in the crowd as they stroll pass stall after stall. People could be seen moving in and out of the stalls with bags upon bags in their hands and wider smile on their faces.