Huening Bahiyyih (Kep1er)

| close as strangers pt. 2

after what it felt like years, bahiyyih found herself sitting at the benchers of their school fields, it had been a month since her last encounter with the mysterious y/n, she still had not have any proper conversation with her ever since, so once again she is yearning to see her and talk to her.

"i wonder what she's doing today." bahiyyih muttered all to herself while her eyes wander around the empty fields, with her diary on her hand, she carefully gripped it with enough force to keep it around her lap.

in just a few weeks, school's over, who knows where it would lead her, but she hoped she sees y/n while she takes a step further ahead towards the unknown.

has she mentioned? bahiyyih had been thinking whether y/n would leave to another school or stay on their 3rd year, bahiyyih hoped y/n stays, that would be their last time as classmates before they step into college.

today was friday, and everyone had been preparing before the school year ends, the seniors are excited and the upcoming new students are taking their entrance exams.

and the only thing bahiyyih wants right now is to talk to y/n.

"hey." just like on cue, bahiyyih hears y/n's mellow voice, bahiyyih turned around to see y/n, just a few seats away from her. "y/n..? why are you here?" bahiyyih asked, closing her diary quickly. y/n smiled at her, before scratching her head and walking a few steps closer to bahiyyih— hesitantly.

"no reasons, just walked around the school and saw you." y/n answered before taking a seat just a few inches away from bahiyyih. "how's everything going? sorry i haven't had any conversations with you after everything, i had a lot on my plate, i hope i didn't make you feel... uncomfortable?"

bahiyyih stared at y/n as the other rambled, feeling a bit of happiness swell in her chest, bahiyyih shook her head and smiled before raising both her hands and shaking it. "nope! don't worry, i was just a bit worried that you... didn't want to do anything with me anymore and i was hoping we can— get to know each other more and be friends?"

y/n's face was neutral, but instead of the neutral expression that made bahiyyih feel her knees quivering in fear, it's another type of neutral that brings tranquility in bahiyyih's mind, it makes her comfortable to see how soft and mellow y/n's laid out expression looks like.

y/n looked away, to the fields, her brows knitting together but her lips stayed the same.

"how many years have we been classmates already? i don't remember— but i know i've seen your face so many times already, it's to the point i've familiarized almost everything about you from afar." y/n muttered, voice coming off somewhat like a whisper but still audible enough for bahiyyih to hear everything word for word.

y/n turned her head to look at bahiyyih. "does it sound weird? sorry— i've never been close friends with anyone so far, maybe except for two, so observing had always been my way."

"i haven't realized it myself until that time i gave you back your diary— none in our class had any idea who owned it and its existence, but somehow i knew that it was yours only because i've seen it with you when i space out during classes."

bahiyyih nodded, feeling her cheeks heat up.

"but i seriously don't have enough courage to ask you to be my friend because i like to deny my own feelings to avoid letting myself down." y/n continued, fiddling with her fingers.

"i think it's nice that you look out for people like that— i don't really think i stand out that much for me to grab anyone's attention so far." bahiyyih replied, letting out a soft giggle. "i like socializing and making friends but i the moment i start approaching you in our first year of junior high, i felt like i was getting swallowed by the ground because i couldn't look at you at all."