127 - Article

Date: July 9, 2015

#ALINA IS TOAST!!

Alyssa-Rose Williams has split with her 'Vampire Diaries' costar, Nina Dobrev.

Williams, 26, and Dobrev, also 26, who play the two very close twin sisters through many doppelgänger generations, Ariana and Elena Gilbert, called it quits after only two months of dating, People magazine and Us Weekly report.

The pair took their relationship public only two months ago in May and are said to remain 'consummate professionals' and 'will continue to work together and remain best friends, which is where the relationship started', a source told Us. So that means no more cutesy, lovey-dovey photos between them on social media?!

"I didn't want to be dating one of my costars, I learned from that mistake the first time with Ian — after him, my new goal on the show was to be professional," Williams told Seventeen magazine yesterday. "But sometimes you can't help who you have a connection with, you know?"

The two had stepped out together last weekend, calling themselves 'parents' when they made a late-night visit to a pet hospital for Dobrev's cat. She posted a pretty adorable picture of Williams posing with her coned feline. Later that same day, she posted another pic for throwback Thursday of her vamped up with a very sexy-looking Williams.

'The Vampire Diaries', which stars a bevy of good-looking actors, has now completely finished with season six and has been renewed by the CW for a seventh season. So they'll still be seeing quite a bit of each other, being on-screen twins and all.

Williams has admitted that her characters' philanderous ways sometimes makes things awkward on set. She plays multiple versions of two characters on the hit series. One version also happened to be in love with sarcastic bad boy vampire, Damon. Her alter-ego Madeline has pretty much had a go with nearly every guy on the show too.

And for those gunning for the real-life manifestation of the Damon-Ariana relationship, our apologies. Williams' costar and ex-boyfriend, Ian Somerhalder, who plays Damon, is already in a happy relationship.