6. Uncalled For Call

Daniel's pov...

After hearing my dad was in the hospital, we didn't rush over there. It was now the weekend, and I can finally go and see him! I haven't been able to see him at.all. because my mom refused to let me skip school, and I had work afterwards, so my time was completely consumed. Then after i'd get home from work, I wouldn't feel like going anywhere else, because of all the kids i'm around for three hours each day. And I had a shit load of homework to finish. Did this have to happen on both of the days where i'd be busy? The world definitely hates me. My mom told me he wasn't near death, and he only suffered a few injuries, so that made me more at ease with not going to visit him.

I throw on my favorite bluish-grey teddy bear scattered sweatshirt, and a pair of loose-fitting, low rise jeans. I slide on my brown based sneakers with a light shade of pink spread across the toe caps of my sneakers. I was actually wearing my dads boots for an extensive amount of time, until my mom at last told me that I could go and pick out a few pairs of shoes, and I chose two pairs of sneakers, and some black nike slides for the lazy days. Obviously with me having no sense of style, even tho my moms whole life is based on fashion, I chose the two colors that go with absolutely nothing. Until today! These brown sneakers match with the brown bears everywhere on my sweatshirt, although, I still feel something missing.

I search through my messy and untidy closet, looking for anything I lay my eyes on that would go with my outfit. With my luck, I doubt it'll work out, it just..never does. Is what I thought, when I see a hat and decided that it was good enough, and grabbed it. I must admit, I struggled a little to reach the hat. I don't know why everything's always so high up in my room, and my house in general. I mean, I never had to get anything by myself anyways, until recently, and it's so annoying! I should just fake another injury and have someone baby me for the rest of my life. It was so much more simpler, and it's what I had gotten use to after six years.

After placing the cap on my head, I exit my room, looking around for my mom but seeing her nowhere. She must've already went to the car. When walking to the kitchen to grab a soft cookie for breakfast, I happened to past by the body mirror, and that causes me to quickly retrace my steps and walk backwards, to where I was right in front of the mirror. Looking at myself in the mirror, checking out every inch and detail of my body and outfit, I give a satisfied smile to myself, placing both hands on my hips like someone would after hours of working to complete something, anything. Before my smile drops, and my face heats up. I twist my body back a little, looking to see if anyone was here, before pulling up the slightly big sweatshirt and looking at my ass. When had it gotten so..big? It's always been flat, but I guess the worlds full of surprises.

What was I doing?

I'm a guy! I shouldn't be checking out my ass like someone about to go on their first date.

I sigh, rushing to grab a bottle of water before heading out to my moms car. I was holding her up, and she had things to do today, she's a busy lady after all. Mom volunteered to drive me back home after I was done visiting my dad, but I told her I could always just ride the bus, or ask Quinton to get me. His job isn't far from the hospital anyways. She goes through so much trouble just to please me, and make me rely on her, because in her eyes, i'm still her precious little boy, and that's the only way she'll ever see me. But I don't want to rely on her. I'm growing older now, I don't want to be twenty years into the future, and still relying on my mom to do everything for me. I have things I want to experience and develop into without the help of my mom. At least not all the times, i'm still a teenager so of course I know it won't be like that for now.

I understand where my mom is coming from. She's very protective of me because of all the crazy things humans do nowadays, she doesn't want me to get hurt or involved with the wrong people. But..I really just wish people would let me grow on my own and stopping feeling the need to baby me.