6. Sob Story

(Her POV)

"Okay. This run is different. We can't make a sound. No gun shots, no screams." He said and I nodded.

I thought I'd be running, scared of him, horrified.

But he sat me between his legs and held me after I got scared.

I knew I was attracted to toxic men but he isn't even abusive. He's just plain bad.

I liked him and I knew I'd curse myself everyday for it.

"Do you have gum?" I asked him.

He opened the glove box which carried several packs.

I smiled.

"You like gum?" I asked.

"Yup. Even more when you take mine." He smirked.

I shook my head and he handed it to me, closing the glove box.

He took one himself and walked out of the car.

He waited for me and offered his hand.

I took it, my hand only holding his pinky with my pinky and ring, my middle and pointer holding his ring finger.

He smiled slightly.

"I'm happy you're not horrified. Shocked. But happy." He told me.

"I'm shocked too." I whispered as he knocked on the door.

It opened and he released my hand, shoving the door fully open making the man scramble back.

He began beating his face in and I wondered what the man had done.

The man didn't speak as Gabriel stood.

"What did he do?" I asked.

"I found a child porno tape at his desk. He works for me. He knew this was coming for him." He raised his eyebrows and I suddenly felt angry this man had that.

"Was it self made?" I asked.

"With a 14 year old boy yes." He nodded and I felt sick.

I forced myself to suppress memories and I held out my hand.

"Could you find someone for me Gabe?" I asked.

"What's the hand for and who?" He asked.

"Knife." I said and he paused.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"This douchebag traumatized that boy for the rest of his life. He might have dreams and fear for himself for the rest of his existence. I don't fuck with pedophiles. Give me the damn knife." I looked at him and he made a face as if he saw something and he kissed his teeth, handing it to me and I walked over to him.

"How old is he?" I asked.

"45."

He shit his eyes as I fisted his shirt and imagined he was either Santana or my father.

I drove the knife though his chest and pulled out, going back and tears streamed down my face for that boy as I kept going.

I hit his chest and I was pulled against another hard one, my body secured against it.

"Calm yourself flower." I was pulled outside and my legs were on my concrete as my upper body was in his lap.

He sat on the sidewalk and held me as I took breaths.

"I'm assuming you know how that boy feels?" He asked me and kissed my hair.

"Unfortunately." I whispered.

I shut my eyes and he sighed.

"I don't wanna talk about it but a man named Santana James." I looked up at him.

"Is he nearby?" He asked.

"No idea. If you can't it's okay but-"

"I'll find him for you flower." He held me to his chest.

I sighed and rubbed my face of tears.

"D-is he an ex?" He asked.

"Yes." I responded.

"Is that why you asked me-"

"Yes." I answered.

"You're a strong girl little love. I'm glad you're here with me." He whispered and I hummed.

"I hope I can surpass your experiences with men. I hope I can make you see that you deserve the best. I know I can't do much about what I do or my own past but I can give you all of me in anyway you need me." He rubbed my back and I relaxed against him as people came over to clean stuff up.

"I'm sorry, it's only been a month and I'm a sob story." I apologized.

"Don't be sorry. Maybe two broken halves can make a whole. And ice cream." He said and I laughed looking up at him.

He looked down at me and kissed my forehead.

"Ice cream?" I asked.

"You want it?" He asked.

"Kinda." I squinted and he blew a bubble with his gum.

"Wanna go now?" He smiled gently at me.

"No. I like lying here." I whispered.

"I think you're warming up to me." He smiled.

"Something like that."