Chapter Twelve~Don't Stop Me Now..~

Kassie's POV

I walked upstairs and was about to go into my bedroom when..I saw Steve and his dad sitting on the bed. I heard Karl soothing and comforting Steve about something. "..It's okay..I miss her too.." I could tell that they were still grieving about their mother or his wife. I felt bad...I wish I could make him feel better. "Kass, what are ya doin?" Keith called to me from my bedroom. "Oh. I'm coming!" I ran into my bedroom. I sat down on my bed next to Keith. "Hey...what's wrong?" I sighed. Keith looked at me concerned. "It's just..I feel so bad for Steve. I feel bad that he misses his mom." I looked away. "Kassie..it's okay. I know Steve, and I assure you that he'll be fine." "You're sure?" "I'm super sure." He smirked and looked up at me. I smiled back at him and I gave him a big but short kiss. "So..do you want to go hang out with the gang?" He asked me. "I'd love too!" I jumped off of my bed. Keith just sat there on my bed. "Are you coming?!?" "Yeah. I'm comin." I ran downstairs as fast as I possibly could.

                                         Keith's POV

I walked into Steve's room. His dad had left. "Hey..buddy.." I greeted him. "Hey.." He had a gloomy look on his face. "So.." "Yep." We kinda just awkwardly sat there. "Can-I-say-something?!" I said without taking a breath between the words. "Uh. Yeah." "Steve, I'm..sorry! I'm sorry for not hanging out with you. I'm sorry for ignoring you. I'm sorry for everything." I felt like a jerk. Steve looked at me and smiled. "Don't worry about it buddy." I was super relieved that he understood me and accepted my apology. "Hey..wanna go hang out with the gang?" "Sure! Let's go!"

After we all hung out with the gang for a little bit, I came back to Kassie's house and asked her a very important question. I asked her on another date. She thankfully said yes. Today..I was planning to break the question to her. I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend! I was really hoping she'd say yes. After she kissed me goodbye..I went home and jumped into the shower. I got dressed up all nice..which I rarely ever do. I did my hair, blah blah blah. And I was officially Date Ready! I told her I'd pick her up at seven. I arrived at her house and stood inside talking to Raymond about something random. All the sudden...I nearly fainted..Kassie came down the stairs in a halter tank top and a denim skirt. "Woah-you look so beautiful." I commented "Oh. I know you're just saying that!" She smiled. "No- I- I really mean it! You look so gorgeous!!" I had to tell her again. "We'll..why thank you! You look amazing too!" I was so nervous..but excited to "pop the question". She wrapped her arm around my arm and we left. I opened my car door for her and closed it. I hopped in and admired her for a second before starting the car. "Where you taking me?" She asked curiously. I smiled and looked at her. "It's a surprise!" "A surprise?!? I love surprises!!" She added. After a couple of minutes. We ended up at our surprise. I had taken her to an empty field..near a vacant old farm house with an old barn. Across the barn, there was the field and an old tire swing. "Hey look! There's a swing!!" She jumped and got super excited. "Welp! This is the surprise! I planned a picnic.." "Really?! Wow-you're-really-the-best-boyfriend-." She realized what she said and was super embarrassed. Her cheeks were a bright red. "Oh..I- I'm sorry.." She looked down. "Hey.." I lifted her chin with my hand. She was still embarrassed. "There's been something on my mind recently..a question." Her eyes widened. "Kassandra Renee Lowe, will you be my girlfriend?" She looked like she was gonna faint. "Y- YES!!!" I opened my arms wide and she ran in between them. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend! Always and forever." She hugged me and I hugged her back. She looked at me and we both leaned in. Our lips crashed into each other's. We stayed like that for awhile. When we pulled apart..we stared into each other's eyes.

                                          Kassie's POV

"Thank you for all of this-." All the sudden, I was interrupted by an old and bald farmer. Who seemed to be very angry. "Uh oh! RUN!!" Keith screamed and grabbed my hand and we started darting to the car. We were both laughing on the way to the car. The old farmer had a pitchfork in his hand he was yelling some reasonable words. "DAMN KIDS! Get off my land!" He screeched at us. We made it to Keith's car fast enough before he came and stabbed us a couple times with his pitchfork. When we got in the car..it was quiet all except for us panting like dogs. We turned to look at each other and we started laughing. "You told me no one lived there!" I reminded him. "Oh uhhh. I was wrong!" He started laughing and I started wheezing. "Ya' alright?" He asked. "Yup! Never been better." After a little while into the drive back into town Kieth looked at me with his sad blue puppy dog eyes. "I'm sorry that ol' dinosaur had to ruin our date." I couldn't help myself but to laugh my ass off. I started dying in the front seat. Keith looked at me confused and laughing. "Wh- what's so funny?" "You called him a dinosaur!" I started laughing again. I meant to smack my knee..I accidentally smacked my hand on his dashboard. I then had to screech with the throb of my hand. He started laughing and I started laughing. He almost crashed the car. He was laughing so hard! We finally calmed down. "Is your hand okay?" "Yeah. It's fine." "Where do you wanna go?" "I don't really have an idea." "Hey! I heard there's a baseball game tonight!! Wanna go?!" "Sure, I'd love to!" I jumped with joy. We made it to the Little League field and saw all the cars taking up all the spots. "Dang nabbit!" He shouted, steering around the parking lot. "Hey! I just remembered!" I shouted. "What is it?" "When Raymond would play baseball, we'd park in the parking lot of an old sold out business. Today, it's a new McDonalds!" He looked at me and smiled. "I think you might be onto something..Kass." He pulled out of the parking lot and into the McDonald's parking lot. "Perfect!" We got out. "Oh no! I bet all the seats are sold out!" He gloomed. "Nah! I'll find us seats!" I grabbed his hand and stormed out of the parking lot. The Little League field was surrounded by a tall fence. "There's an alley between the McDonald's and the field." We marched down the alley and got a secret view that nobody would've ever expected. We watched the baseball game and cheered on the team. "You see number sixteen? That's Jacob. He's my cousin." "Oh yeah! I see him!" "He'd definitely like you!" Keith commented and I laughed. "This is the best thing ever." I commented. He wrapped his arms around my waist and mine around his neck. Our lips rubbed together. We stayed like that for awhile..until..someone interrupted us.