Chapter Sixteen~Drive in~

Kassie's POV

I sat crying for a couple of minutes. I really missed Keith. The scene of when Keith confessed to cheating on me, played nonstop in my head. Each time I'd watch I remembered that Bob said..Keith got "busy" with the girls he was with. This set me into a rage..I threw my legs out kicked them. I threw myself on my back and kept crying. After I calmed down, Raymond came rushing towards me. "I've been looking all over for you," "I'm- s- sorry," "Awww. Kass, I'm sorry. But Kass, you don't need him," "Yes! Yes, I do." I yelled at him. He looked as if he's trying to think of something. "Get up! C'mon! We're going somewhere," he snapped at me, "Where?," I asked confused as hell. "You'll see when we get there!," "What?," I whispered under my breath. Raymond dragged me back to the lot and told the guys that we had to go. I hid my face from everyone..especially Sodapop. He had tried to make a move on me. And it didn't go well. Darry came up to me and told me to try to make the best of my situation. I told him that I'll try. "Hey! Steve, you coming?," "I'll- meet you later." He said. "Okay." Raymond screamed. Raymond led me home. We got home and Raymond told me to go get ready. "I can't," "Why?," "You haven't told me where we're going," "Just get ready 'to go out'." He told me. That didn't help me! I still don't know what to wear! I thought to myself. I ran upstairs and Karl stopped me. "Hey..Kiddo, how are you doing?," "I'm fine," "Okay good." He then hugged me. I hugged him back. I ran up to my bedroom and got ready.

Three hours later

Finally! I was ready and it was now Six O' Seven PM. I was wearing a green, ditsy floral tank top paired with a denim skirt. For shoes, I wore my white, high top Converse. I wore my hair in a Crown Braid but then kept some of my hair down in the back. My mother had taught me to braid my hair back when I was little. Raymond walked into my room and looked at me for a minute, "Great! You're ready to go," "Sure are." We walked downstairs and told mom that we're leaving. She told us to have fun. Raymond fired up his 1965, F-100. And we were ready to go. "Are you excited to see where we're going?," "I'm more nervous," "Why?," "I'm afraid you're taking me to a drag race," "Nah, I don't like drag races," "Sodapop does," I whispered under my breath, "I saw what happened between you and Sodapop," "What do you mean?," "He tried to kiss you..so you pushed him away," "I did. I don't like him..like he likes me." I said with no hesitation at all. We made it to the place where Raymond took me. "The drive in?," "Yeah! Are you excited?," "You know I am." We came to see Beach Blanket Bingo, a movie that I've been dying to see! Raymond payed and we parked. "I've been dying to see this movie," "I know you have! That's why we came to see it," "You're the best twin brother in the world!" I told him. "Thanks," "Of course." The previews started playing, "Want me to go get some popcorn and Cokes?," "Yes please. Oh and here's a five," I handed him a five dollar bill, "No, it's okay. I'll pay." I looked at him guilty for making him pay. "You sure?," "Yes! I promise," He said in an annoyed tone, "Okay." Raymond left. I looked around to see who else had come to the movie. And guess who had come to see the movie..Keith

                                           Keith's POV

I had come to the drive in because I was really bored and needed to get out of my house. I noticed Raymond's pickup sitting in front of where I was sitting. And I could see that Kassie was sitting inside. I really wanted to talk to her and tell her that I NEVER cheated on her. I was just in luck..she opened the door and got out. She made direct eye contact with me then rolled her eyes and walked away. I got up, "Kassie, wait!" I ran after her. "What do you want?," "To talk to you," "Well I don't want to," "Kassie! Just let me tell you something..please," "What is there to tell?," "Bob lied," "What?" "He lied! I didn't cheat on you!" "That's what they all say," "No! Really! Please! I was framed," "Then why'd you confess to cheating on me?," "I had to! Because- Bob- would've killed me-," "What?," "It's true," "Yeah! And how do I know that?," "Because if I was telling the truth..would I be lying? No," "Lick the ground-," "What?-," "I said, lick the ground," I looked at her disgusted. I got down on my hands and knees and licked the dirt ground. "See! I am telling the truth," "Then why would Bob frame you?," I looked down in pure sadness, "To keep me..away from you." I then turned away and walked away. "Hey! Wait!," she ran up to me. "Why would he do that?," "He's your stepbrother, probably to protect you," "Since when the fuck did he even give a shit about me? Never. It went silent for a couple minutes, "So- you- never cheated on me?," "No. The only reason I confessed was because I would've gotten punched or stabbed if I didn't," "Really?," "Yes, do you still love me?- What I meant to say is..do you want to get back together?," I looked down. "Yes," there was a very faint 'yes'. "YES! I do," I looked up to find Kassie in tears, "I love you too." She hugged me and sobbed into my shoulder. I looked at her and she looked at me, our lips then crashed into each other. "I'm so sorry," she said really meaning it, "I'm sorry for everything I said," I looked at her with a slight grin, "hey..it's okay." My whole world was up and running again. I had missed her so much and every night I've cried about her. I know it's thought that crying is a sign of weakness..but what if you're crying to keep yourself strong? Who would've thought of that? It's kinda confusing. Raymond crept up to us, "What's all this?," he asked kinda confused and angry, "He didn't cheat on me!" Kassie told him. "And we're back together-," "Already?" he asked very confused. "Yeah!" Kassie told him and she looked at me with her happiest eyes ever. "Hey, wanna watch the movie with us?," she asked me, "I'd love too. If you don't mind." I insisted. Raymond looked at me annoyed, "I'm sorry. It's okay. I can watch from the chairs-," "No! Come with us. I was only messing with you!" he said and turned his frown upside down. "Okay! Thanks!" I said and walked over to Raymond's truck, "Here, you guys can sit in the bed." I stepped on the tire and swung my leg over the side of the truck making sure not to scratch it. Kassie stepped up on the tire and lost her balance, before she fell I caught her, "You..saved me," "Of course I did." I smirked at her and she smiled. I held her hand while she swung over the truck. We sat in the bed and I noticed she was freezing so I gave her my jacket. She took it and wore it. We watched the movie and once again, Kassie fell asleep on me. When the movie was over..I shook her to wake her up, "Where am I?!," she began to panic, "Hey, it's okay. We're at the drive in right now." I calmed her down. She got out of the bed of the truck and into the cab of the truck. She sat inside with her head leaned up against the glass of the window, "It's good to have you back, Keith," Raymond told me, "I'm glad to be back." I said.

The next day, Sunday

I woke up the next morning, and smiled at the first thought inside my head. The first thought was about Kassie and I being back together. I got dressed and ate my breakfast. I really wanted to go see Kassie today.