Chapter Seven~Highway To Hell~

Kassie's POV

Today was Wednesday. My first thought of the morning was: I had to see the tiger today. Let's hope his claws weren't recently sharpened. I picked out some jeans to wear and I picked out a flannel. I just dreaded going to my dad's house because stupid fucking Bob was there. "It's just five days.." I kept reminding myself. "What do you mean five days?" Steve asked as he caught me talking to myself. "Five days of HELL!" Ray remarked. "Listen. The more we think about it..the longer it'll take! Okay?" "True. We can do this!" Steve just stood there watching us with concern. I took a deep breath in and headed down the stairs. "Mornin' Kass a lass!" Karl greeted me. "Morning." I said so shallow and thin..I felt like a piece of paper. "Hey, what's wrong?" Karl stopped and leaned on the wall to listen to me. "I have to go to my dad's house.." I said on the verge of crying. "I thought you loved to go to your dad's house!?" He said confused. "Not anymore..my evil stepbrother is gonna be there to torture me." Karl looked at me frightened. "Alright. The next time he's an asshole to you...don't take his shit! Stand up for yourself..like the way you did to Randy!" I smiled. "Thanks Karl!" "No problem!" I walked into the kitchen and poured some cereal for myself. "Hey honey!" My mom greeted me. I gloomed down. "I know." She looked at me. Steve and Ray came into the kitchen. "Both of you!" My mom looked at Ray and I. "If anything ever happens..call me!" My mom was angry. "If Bob is being an ass..either leave the house and go somewhere for a little while or call me..please. I'll take care of this little spasoid! That's tormenting my children. And his mother will cry when she sees what I did to her jackass of a son!!" My mom started ranting. "Mom..relax!" Ray tried to calm her down. "No! It's not fair that my children are petrified to go to their father's house. It's not fair that my children are constantly accused of doing random shit!! THEY DIDN'T DO!! And my children will not be mistreated by this Witch Bitch they call a stepmother. And this hellion that so happens to be their stepbrother!!" Karl came crashing down the stairs. "What's going on?" "My mom is just ranting." I explained. "Honey..I understand!" Karl tried to calm my mom down. "You do?" "Yes, Steve was constantly shamed for being part of a gang." My mom looked at Steve with puppy dog eyes. "I'm sorry..I'm sorry you have to deal with the assholes in this world. It's not fair.." Steve looked scared as hell. I looked at the clock and rushed to get my shoes on.

Steve's POV

To be honest, I was terrified. HOLY SHIT!! Renee is scary! I would never mess with her. I realized that Bob isn't the only one that's so evil towards Ray and Kassie..their stepmom is awful to them too. Renee has every right to be pissed. If I just ever see Bob on the street somewhere..I'm gonna end him up in the hospital with a broken nose. Kassie ran upstairs and I followed her. I walked into her room. She was sitting at her makeup stand softly sobbing. "Kassie? What are you so scared about?" She looked at me as I came and sat down on her bed. "C'mon I know you could easily take Bob down! Look at what you did to Randy!!" I was trying to make her feel better. "I'm not scared of that.." "Then what are you scared of?" "Oh a ton of things such as: Bob getting his mom to hate me even more-." "So..what does your stepmom do to you?" Kassie looked down. "To start off! She's fucking QUEEN BEE! Heaven fucking forbid, her shit ever stunk! She thinks that she's the queen and Raymond, my dad, and I are all fucking worker bees!! Soon I'm gonna get my former bees and I, and we're gonna overthrow the queen. Like the angry colonists that overthrew their king." "Looks like you've payed attention in Social Studies!" "Steve that's not the point! The point is..I'm gonna start a rebellion!!" "Woah! Woah! Not so fast Daniel Shays!" "Looks like you've been paying attention too!" She smiled. We all got to school on time.

                                         Raymond's POV

I was in my math class when I felt someone tap me. I turned around and a girl was holding a note for me. I quickly took the note and read it. It was note from Keith. It read: Hey, wanna hang out today? I wrote: I'm sorry, I can't today. I handed the girl behind me, the note and she passed it another girl then that girl passed it to a guy, so on and so on. Until it got to Keith. He took one look at the note and he was totally upset. I felt so bad..I just couldn't risk there being a problem with him and stupid Bob. When the class ended, I ran up to Keith. "I'm real sorry!" "It's alright, don't sweat it!" He reassured me. I went to lunch and ate my food. Steve came to my table and sat down. "Hey, what's wrong?" "Keith asked me if I wanted to hang out and..I couldn't and now I feel like a jackass!" "It's okay. I'm sure he understands." It was the end of the school day...it was now time to ride the highway to hell! I found Kassie and dragged her to my Corvette. I found Steve and I got him into the car. I started to head for my house first to drop Steve off. "Alright Steve, wish us luck on the highway to hell!" Steve looked nervous. "Good luck!" "We'll be back Sunday night!" I was nervous..I'm not scared of Bob..I'm scared of the power he has. He blames tons of things on us but..his mother is just straight from hell. My stepmother doesn't let my dad get a say in anything! She's so controlling! We dropped Steve off and he wished us luck. On the way to my dad's house, Kassie didn't say a thing. She was so quiet. "Kass..let's do this!" She looked at me. "Yeah! You know what I say to myself to keep going?" "What?" "I say..Be a BITCH!!" "That's the sprit!!" Kassie looked less nervous now. We pulled up to the house and we noticed Bob wasn't here. A giant weight lifted off my chest. We went inside and my dad came up to us and gave us hugs. "Hey dad, how was the trip?" Kassie asked excitedly. "It was good. How was school?" We answered with the same old response. "Boring!" Our stepmom came into the room. "Hey! How was school!!?" She said in croaking voice. "Boring!!" We replied annoyed that we had to repeat ourselves. After we talked to our dad for a little while we went to our rooms. I followed Kassie into her room. "Haven't you ever thought of a rebellion?" She asked. "What are you talking about?!" "What if we rebell against Bob and Sandy?!?" Sandy was our stepmother's name. "How? Why? When? What?" "We need to do something! I'm not gonna withstand this treatment anymore! Mom is right!" I looked at her dumbfounded. "How do we do it?!?" "First: We start with the little things like forgetting her birthday, not being so nice to her, and ignoring her!" "How do we cover ourselves?!?" "We say..that we've had a bad day!!" She smirked at me. "I guess you're pretty smart." "We also do the same thing to Bob until we step up the torments.." She was right! We needed to rebell! I was so sick of this shitty treatment!