Chapter Ten~Jealously~

Keith's POV

I'm pissed!! Sodapop once again had just ruined my moment with Kassie. UGH. She's mine and Sodapop will just have to accept that. I like her and she likes me! After Kassie and I, escaped Sodapop. I took her back to her house and we sat on the porch. "I had a really good time tonight." She confessed. "So did I!! I just wish Sodapop wouldn't of ruined our special moment!" She looked at me. "Ya' know, I don't see Sodapop anywhere.." She then looked away blushing. I then moved closer to her and she turned around to face me again. We both leaned in..our lips crashed into each other's. We pulled apart after a little bit. "Brrrrrr." Kassie shivered. I watched tons of goosebumps appear on her arms. I quickly pulled off my flannel and put it around her. She looked at me and smiled and I put my arms around her to keep her warm. She then laid her head on my shoulder. "Put your head on my shoulder.." I gently sang to her. After a couple of minutes..she fell asleep. I didn't want to wake her up. I felt so bad that our date got ruined. UGH! Sodapop! I thought. After about twenty minutes, it was getting late so I'd have to wake Kassie up. I tried to look at her. "Kass..wake up." I quietly whispered to her and she awoke. "Huh? What's going on?" She asked confused, trying to figure out where she was. "It's okay. You fell asleep." "I did?" She asked, as her eyelids slowly slid down. And didn't open again. I didn't want to keep fighting with her to keep her awake. After a while, I heard someone tapping at the window. I jumped ten feet in the air! The front door opened and out came Steve. "What are ya doing?" He asked. "Shh. She's asleep." I warned him. I slowly stood up and picked Kassie up and carried her bridal style. I walked into the house and carried her up the stairs and into her bedroom and ever so carefully, laid her on her bed. I also covered her up with her blankets. "Man, ain't she just the most beautiful girl ever?" Steve scoffed. Before I left I walked up to her and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

Steve's POV

GRRRR!! I'm so pissed off right now! Keith is falling in love with Kassie!! He hardly ever pays attention to me anymore. I thought we're best friends..but Kassie took all that away! She's falling in love with him and he's falling in love with her.. I've gotta do something about this! The next day Kassie charged into my room. "How did I get to my bed last night?!?" She looked terrified. "Keith brought you to your room." "Oh!! Did he carry me bridal style?!?" She was instantly excited. "Yup! He sure did. Then he called you the most beautiful girl." "He did?!??!" She asked, jumping up and down. "Yep!" "EEKKKKKK!!" She squealed, running down the stairs. "I've gotta tell Stella and Monroe! Right now!!" She ran to the phone. "I can't believe this.." I whispered to myself, thinking I was alone. "Can't believe what?" Ray asked, putting his clothes into his dresser drawers. "It's just..Keith and Kassie really like each other.." "Ohh! I see here! You're jealous!" "Shhhhhh!! Maybe I am..just a little bit." "Just a little bit?" Ray stopped and gave me a look. "Okay- maybe a lot!" "Well jealously is a terrible disease, you better hope you get well soon..before you do something you'll terribly regret.." Ray warned me. "What do you mean I'll do something I'll terribly regret?" I asked, making sure that my brow was furrowed. "When I was thirteen, I was jealous of  this guy. He was popular and he had a beautiful girlfriend. That I wanted for myself. Well one day I told rumors about the guy and I flirted with his girlfriend. His whole reputation got ruined. I never knew that his girlfriend was the only person that treated him good. And by spreading rumors around...I got him kicked off the baseball team. The only thing he liked. I- I- told everyone that h- he had been cheating on his girlfriend and that he cheated in every baseball game he'd ever played.." I listened closely to Ray. "Then what happened?" "The kid..never found out it was me..and he had to stay and listen to all the Rumors."
Raymond looked as if he were to start crying. "Who..was the guy?" I asked. "Kenny.." Raymond responded. "Kenny? Kassie's best friend?" "Yes. See what jealousy can do to you?" "I do now." "And guess what..Kenny is also my best friend too." "I can't believe that.." I was speechless. "But what am I supposed to do?" "You're just gonna have to accept the fact that Kassie and Keith like each other." When I heard that..I became furious. How was I supposed to accept the fact that my best friend is into my stepsister?!?

                                         Sodapop's POV

I was sitting at home in my room when Darry suddenly busted through the door. "Steve wants to talk to you." Oh. Okay." I stood up and walked to the phone. "Steve?-." I was interrupted. "I'm fed up with this!" He fumed. "You're fed up with what?" "Keith loves Kassie..and he hardly ever talks to me anymore!" "Yeah. Keith's hogging Kassie. I really really like her too...." I confessed. "Then let's do something about it!" He chanted. "Yeah!" I chanted back. "I'm so sick of it! It's not fair!" Steve fumed. "Who do we have to help us?....." Steve asked. "Robert..Sheldon.." I answered and Steve went silent. "It's perfect...!" He suddenly agreed. I put the phone down and turned around and Darry was standing there. "Whatever you're doing..you're not involving Robert Sheldon." "I'm not doing anything!" I snapped. "Don't ruin your relationship with Kassie..just because you're jealous." I ignored what Darry had just said. "I'm serious. If you make a mistake and you upset Keith or Kassie. I'll agree with them if they hate you." He warned me. "Pfft. Whatever." I was thinking about calling Bob..but maybe talking in person would be a better idea. Later that night..I met Steve at a quiet park and we chatted about our idea. "Okay so..we tell Bob that Keith is talking to Kassie. And we want him to stop!" I reassured. "Man we're doing some Risky Business." Steve remarked. "When should we tell him?..." "Tomorrow..." Steve replied. "Ya' know...is this really such a good idea?" I asked. "Of course it is!" He replied without any hesitation. The next morning rolled by and I woke up, Darry made cake so I ate some, and I got dressed and headed out to Steve's. It was about maybe eight o'clock. I got to Steve's and he pulled me inside the house like a person abducting another person. "What the-." "Shhhh." He screamed. I looked at him and mouthed; why? "Kassie's asleep." He whispered, grabbing his shoes and shoving them on his feet. Once we escaped the house, we talked about our plan. We did a little walking and made it to the other side of town. We found Bob's house.. I gulped. "Welp..here we go." We both stumbled to the door. "Who's knocking?" I nervously asked. Steve looked at me and gave me a it's all you look. I carefully knocked on the door. We waited a couple of seconds..there was no response. I knocked again..this time the door opened immediately. Bob opened the door and his face went blank. "Well if it ain't some Greasy Greasers. What do you want?" "A ask for a favor." Answered Steve. "What is it?" "We want Keith Matthews to stop talking to Kassandra Lowe." "Why? May I ask." "He's spending time with Kassie-." "Oh! I get it! You want Kassie for yourself." "Yes- no." "Sodapop!" Steve gave me an angry look. "Well it'll cost ya!" Bob warned. "How much?" "Forty." He said for sure. "Forty?" Steve was confused. "Forty!" Bob reassured. "The deals on." "Perfect!" Steve and Bob shook hands and we paid Bob the money. "I'll see what I can do for ya!"