Chapter Thirteen~The Lie~

Kassie's POV

"Hey! I warned you!" I heard a booming voice yell. When I realized who it was my heart stopped in fright and in surprise. I quickly pulled away from Keith and stood there scared, confused, and worried. I tangled my arms around his. Keith looked at Bob like BAD DOG that had done something wrong. "I told you to stay away from Kassie!" Bob screamed. Keith said nothing. "Because you didn't listen..there'll be consequences." Bob pulled out a switchblade from behind his back. "Bob! You get the f*ck out of here!", I reached into Keith's pocket which held his switchblade. "Kassie..no.." He warned me. "I can handle this son of a bitch. Bob, go..or I will." I flicked open the switchblade. I wasn't scared. I was furious." "Awe. What are you gonna do!" "I'll kill you if I have to! Now just leave Keith and myself, ALONE!" "Oh hunny, I wouldn't protect him.." Bob commented. "Why wouldn't I?" "He's been seeing other girls besides you..he's been busy with them too." This thought came into my head and attacked my brain. "What?" I said under my breath. I looked at Keith whose head was hung low. My heart sank. My eyes filled with tears. "Why..would you do this to me?..." I threw his switchblade on the ground..my arm was still tangled with his..I ripped my arm out of his. I went up to him..ready to smack him in the face..I just couldn't. I turned around and walked away. After I got faraway from them..I started sobbing harder and harder. I now had to walk all the way home. Which was fifty minutes away. I was very upset about my walk home and so upset that he had CHEATED on me. How could he? And why? I asked myself. I sat down on a bench..just sitting there trying to make the best of every fucking situation. Just as Keith would tell me when I had a horrible fucking day! Well guess what? Why try to make the best of every fucking situation when it's not gonna do a fucking thing? How the fuck are you supped to make the fucking best out of a FUCKING break up? I yelled to myself inside my mind. I sat on the bench, not sobbing anymore. I was now fuming and venting inside my mind. I heard someone walk up to me and I jumped ten feet when I heard who it was. "Kass?..." It was Sodapop. "Are you okay?" I didn't answer. "What's wrong?" "He cheated..." "What?-." "He cheated on me!!" "Who? Keith?" "Yeah! He cheated on me?" "Awe Kassie, come here." I stood up and wrapped my arms around him. I squeezed him tight and he squeezed me back. "What're you doing out here?" "I was on a date with Keith..then Bob showed up-." "Awe. Kass I'm so sorry." "It's fine. I just don't understand. Why would he date me just to cheat on me?!" I asked. "I don't know." Do you want me to take you to your house?" "Really?" "Yeah!" "Thank you." "You're welcome." I walked over to his car and he opened the door for me. On the ride back to my house I said absolutely nothing..made no noises..except for sniffles. When he dropped me off. He could see the pain and depth of my eyes. "I'm sorry." He said and drove away. I walked inside the house. It was now ten at night. I opened the door to my house and slammed it. I stomped up the stairs and into my bedroom.

Steve's POV

I noticed Kassie come through the house and slam the door. She also slammed her feet up the stairs. I wondered what was wrong. I was sitting in the living room with Raymond. "What's up with her?" I asked. "I don't know!" Raymond shrugged his shoulders. "I'll be right back.." Raymond got up and walked up the stairs. I wanted to know what was wrong so I hurried over to the stairs and rushed up them. I walked into Kassie's room and she was sitting on her bed crying. Raymond was sitting next to her. "Hey..what's wrong?" "He cheated on me.." Kassie's voice was so faint..she sounded like a mouse. "Who?" Raymond was confused. "Keith.." Kassie responded to his question. Once he heard it was Keith..he quickly pulled her into a hug and she hung her head on his shoulder. Raymond's face was still and angry. "Awe. Kass, I'm sorry..you deserve so much better." She sobbed still into his shoulder. He pulled out of the hug and held her by her shoulders. "Y- you k- know what m- makes this even w- worse?" She asked, stuttering every other word. "What?" "Bob-." "Bob?" "Yeah. Bob said that Keith had been getting busy with these other girls." Raymond's face went hard and this time his face looked even angrier than before. "Bob..really revealed the truth to me." Kassie commented. When she mentioned Bob again..there was only one thought on my mind..'OH SHIT!!' I thought. 'THEY'RE ON TO ME!!" My heart raced, my face flushed, and I started to feel nauseous. But..I stopped myself from panic mode. 'I didn't tell Bob to do that..to split Keith and Kassie apart.' I then felt relieved. "Raymond?" Kassie looked at Raymond like he was some frozen TV screen. "That mother fucking, asshole, ugly, fucking no good cheatin, bitch, ass, bastard, WANTS TO MESS WITH MY SISTER?! OH, NO FUCKIN WAY!!" Raymond's voice grew louder and louder after every insult under the sun. "I'LL FUCKIN KILL HIM!!" Raymond fumed. "No! Maybe we shouldn't do that.." I insisted as my voice muffled more and more. I was scared that I would be defending Keith. Not not that's a problem. I didn't want Bob to totally dismantle Keith and Kassie's relationship! What has  Bob done? I asked myself.

                                         Sodapop's POV

I went home..knowing that it worked. Bob split them apart. The thing is..I didn't tell him to go that far..I didn't tell him to break them up. I also didn't tell him to make my best friend sound like a cheater. When I sat down at the dinner table..Darry and Ponyboy stared at me. "What's wrong? You seem blue?" Darry asked me. "I found Kassie..crying on a bench." "Oh NO!! What happened?!?" Darry asked. "She told me that she found out Keith had cheated on her." "Oh no! That poor girl..Keith is the only guy she's ever been treated right by." Darry said, reaching across the table to grab the pepper for his Mac and cheese. "What did you say?" "I said, she's the only girl that Keith treated right." "What do you mean?" Darry scoffed a little because he was annoyed I didn't understand. "Every other guy she's ever dated was either abusive or took advantage of her.." "Oh." I said saddened that she had to go through that. "I feel bad for her.." I went to bed..with a terrible regret. 'What have I done?' I'd ask myself every time I tried to close my eyes. The next..