Chapter Seventeen~ 'Sodapop' You mean: 'disappointment'

Kassie's POV

I woke up the next morning, today was Sunday.
I realized I was still wearing Keith's jacket. I brought it to my nose and took a whiff, it smelled of cologne. I got out of bed and went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and mom stared at the jacket, "Who's jacket is that?," "It's Keith's," "Why are you wearing it?," she looked at me confused, "He gave it to me," I yawned, "When?," "Last night," "You saw him last night?," I felt dumb, she was asking me all these questions, "Yeah. We got back together." My mother looked at me in shock. Karl looked at me in shock. Steve looked at me in shock. "You did?," "Yes! He didn't cheat on me! He was framed!," "By who?," "Satin himself, Bob." My mom was dumbfounded. I then ran upstairs to go get ready for the day. I ran to the phone to call Keith, "Hey," he answered the phone, "Hi, do you want to go break the news to the gang that we're back together?," "That sounds like a great plan, "Okay, I'm glad you like it," "maybe we can also find a way to strike at Bob," "Yes! I've got to go now, I love you," "I love you too!" I hung up the phone and ran to my bedroom to get ready.

Keith's POV

I rushed my way to Kassie's house. I knocked on the door and Kassie's mom answered, "Hello, Kieth," "Hi, I was just coming to pick up Kassie," "Where you guys going?," "We're going to go tell the gang that Kassie and I are back together," "I heard that Bob sabotaged your relationship," "Yup. He did. He threatened me," "I heard, I can't believe he did that. If he was my son..he'd be a dead man," she said with tons of energy. Kassie came down the stairs and Steve walked over to us, "Steve, are you coming?," "No..I've gotta-," before Steve could even finish his sentence he took off up the stairs, "What's up with him?," Kassie's mom asked, "I don't know." Kassie said coming down the stairs, "Are you ready to go?," she asked me, "Yes." We walked to my car and we got in. "Steve has been really weird lately," "I've noticed that," "I think he must be missing his mom or something," "Yeah, he might be." We made it to the Curtis house and we walked inside. Everyone was there. They all stared at us in confusion, "Guys, guess what!," "What?," Ponyboy asked, "We're back together!," "I thought he cheated on you," Johnny remarked, "No! He didn't, he was forced into telling me he did," "By who?," "I refuse to say his name. But it was Satin himself," they looked at Kassie in confusion, "She means Bob." I said. "I think Sodapop might have something to do with this," Darry said. I looked at Sodapop whose face was red and sweating, "How?," "Sodapop, how about you tell her," Sodapop looked at me, "I- made Bob separate You and Keith. Steve and I-," "What? Why would you do that?," Kassie spoke for the both us. I was so pissed that my best friend would do that, "We-," "You said 'Steve and I' was Steve included in this too?," "Y- yes I was," I heard a voice say, standing behind me, "I- hate you- I don't ever want to see you again-  ," Kassie turned around and pushed Steve out of the way, "Kassie!," "DON'T TALK TO ME!," I followed Kassie out the door and stopped when I met Steve, "You've fucked up bad before, but not like this. Go find somebody else who's willing to fuck around with you. Because best friends don't fuck each other over," I ran out the door, "Keith, wait," Sodapop called to me and I turned around and waited. Before he could say anything I interrupted him, "AND YOU! I hate you the most. You tried to get with my girl, now that's just fucked up. I'd never pull this stunt on you, you fucking, greedy ass bitch who really hurt the girl of my dreams. Fuck the both of you," I finally left and chased after Kassie. She ran to the empty lot a couple blocks away, "Hey, are you okay?," she looked at me with tears in her eyes and running down her cheeks, "I- ju- just can't b- believe this," "I know. It's okay, they hurt the both of us." She stood there crying and I came over and hugged her tight, she cried and  cried into my shoulder.

                                           Steve's POV

I stood motionless with shock shooting up and down my spine in the door way of the Curtis house, "You deserved that. The both of you did," Darry told us. The whole room was still silent with shock, "That was an evil act of selfishness you two did. Especially you, Sodapop," Darry mentioned then walked out the door of the house, passing right by me, "Where you going?," Sodapop asked in confusion, "Out." Darry said with a tone of disappointment in his voice. I looked at Sodapop, his eyes were watering. He looked at me then ran into his bedroom and slammed the door. Dally looked at me and gently shook his head then stood up and walked out of the house. Johnny looked at me then looked down and he too, left. Last was Ponyboy, "I didn't like you that much then, but I hate you more now. Keith was the only guy who had treated her right. Who had loved her. But you ruined that for her. Shame on you." Ponyboy scoffed and walked out of the house. It was just me..all alone in that living room. How can I fix this? I though to myself, only one answer came to mind: Fleeing the county. No, I'm kidding. I don't have a single idea.

                                           Kassie's POV

Keith and I sat and calmed down for awhile. I sat on his lap, "I love you," he broke the silence between us, "I love you too," I said smiling, "Oh! Oh! Was that a smile?!," he said teasing me, "Yes, it was," he kissed my forehead and hugged me, "C'mom, let's go." I stood up and he stood up too. He put his arm around my shoulder and we walked back to the Curtis house, to go get his car. We walked up to his car and he opened the door for me, "Thank you," I said smiling, "Of course." he said laughing. He then got in the driver's side and put the key into transmission, "What do you want to do?," he asked me, hesitating to start the car, "I don't know," "Wanna go to my house?," "Yes." He started the car and drove to his house. We made it to his house and he showed me around, "Hey," he said checking his watch, "I think cartoons are on," "Oh yeah!," I jumped with excitement, then took a seat on the couch in the living room. Keith turned on the tv and flipped the channel to cartoons. We sat next to each other and Keith put his arm around me, my eyelids felt super heavy. I yawned and leaned my head on Keith's chest and closed my eyes. I eventually fell asleep.

An hour later,

I woke up to Keith's soft whispering voice, I sat up and a random woman was looking at me, "Did you enjoy your nap?," Keith asked me, "Yeah, I did," I said smiling at him, "Hi, I'm Keith's mom, Kelly," she said sticking her hand out, I shook it, "I'm Kassandra Lowe," I said, "Oh my goodness! I've heard so many amazing things about you!," "I'd hope so," I said laughing, "Do you guys want brownies? I made them," "Yes please," I said and she brought the glass dish they were in, to my hand, "Thanks." she brought the dish over to her son, he took three. "Wow! These are amazing!," I exclaimed, "Thanks!," "You're welcome," I looked over at Keith's watch, it read Five Forty, "Oh! I've gotta get home for dinner," I jumped up, "I wish you could've stayed for dinner," Kelly said, disappointed, "You can come over to my house to eat," She looked at me with happiness on her face, "Really?," "Of course!" I walked towards the door and she followed, Keith came too. We all got into Keith's car and he drove to my house. We walked through the door and I found my mom, "This is Keith's mom, Kelly," I whispered to my mom, "okay." she said walking up to Kelly with a smile on her face, "Hi, I'm Kassie's mother, Renne. And this is my husband, Karl," Karl shook her hand and we all sat down at the table, except Steve, "Where is Steve?," Karl asked, "At a friend's house." I said, really pissed off at Steve.

________________________________
Hi! If you didn't understand the name of the chapter, when I write the name 'Sodapop' it auto corrects to 'disappointment' so yeah. Fun fact there.
-Julie