Chapter 362 - Great Thief Class Advancement Quest

The rapid development of the Starry Night Potion Shop naturally drew the attention of many eyes. Every branch was upgraded to Tier 7, while the main store became Tier 10. Just how much gold did all this cost? Thanks to this demonstration of wealth by the Starry Night Potion Shop, not to mention the salaries they offered were much higher compared to the past, Alchemists once more flooded their doors.

Besides the Starry Night Potion Shop, which was an unrivalled hegemon in the Viridian Empire's alchemy industry, Nie Yan was also rapidly developing his businesses in other industries such as Tinkering, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, and Salvaging. However, since these markets were relatively small, there was no widespread recruitment campaign. He only hired enough players to open up two or three shops, but they were all notable in his past life.

For the Starry Night Potion Shop to achieve its current dominance was already impressive. The competition in other markets was fierce. Just gaining a foothold was extremely difficult. You needed absolute assurance for such an undertaking, or you were better off not trying at all. Better slow and steady than quick and rash. Many companies frequently failed because they expanded too rapidly from the start.

After every branch of the Starry Night Potion Shop was upgraded, Nie Yan predicted daily profits would rise to over 30,000 gold. As player demand for potions continued to grow, so too would the profits.

With the Starry Night Potion Shop and Asskickers United both recently making large movements, many players suspected they belonged to the same group, which explained their close relationship. If Asskickers United had the support of the Starry Night Potion Shop, it was no wonder they could last against Bloodlust Blades for so long.

The name Nirvana Flame garnered so much reverence in part because of his outstanding skill but more so his powerful background.

...

Nie Yan headed to the Thief Association to start his class advancement quest, which was divided into five difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard, Expert, and Specialist. Clearing it on Hard difficulty or higher gave an additional item reward; otherwise, everything was the same. It was rumoured the reward for beating the Specialist difficulty was a Legendary item. However, he didn't dare to confirm this. In the previous timeline, countless experts including Sun had tried, but none succeeded.

Specialist was simply too difficult and the penalties for failing too severe, which included being barred from attempting the class advancement quest again for 10 days. Nie Yan didn't dare to take this risk. At most, he would try it on Expert.

Before long, Nie Yan arrived outside the doorsteps of the Thief Association. The wooden building with a steeple at the top looked worn-down as though it had weathered many centuries. It carried a unique architectural style.

Nie Yan stepped inside and was greeted by a dark hall, filled with rows of shabby desks and chairs and without a single source of light. There were several cloaked NPCs standing up ahead. Their appearances were hidden, with only sharp pairs of eyes revealing their presence in the darkness.

NPC Thieves generally liked to wear cloaks. This was due to a legend passed down by the Thief Association.

One day long ago, a cloaked traveller encountered three Death Custodians carrying out a slaughter while passing through a village. With nothing but his bare hands, he killed one of them and obtained a sharp dagger called Hades' Nail. He used the dagger to kill the second Death Custodian and obtained a technique to turn invisible. He finally snuck behind the last Death Custodian and pierced its heart, obtaining the power of the shadows.

This action angered the death god. So in order to avoid being hunted down, the cloaked traveler never revealed their appearance again.

This was the origin of the Thief. However, it was only a folktale and not something people took seriously.