Chapter 252 - First to Explore the Map

"Attack! Fighters, secure the aggro!" As soon as Nie Yan gave out the order, several Fighters roared and charged at the Plasma Core Golems.

「Klang! Klang! Klang!」The heavy sound of metal meeting metal rang out as shields and swords collided with the bodies of the Plasma Core Golems.

Bladelight and Yi Yan took action almost simultaneously, leading away five of the Plasma Core Golems, while the other Fighters firmly locked down the remaining three.

"Split them up!" Nie Yan ordered tensely. Despite his wealth of experience in Conviction, this was his first time commanding such a large force. He had never taken part in these sorts of expeditions in his past life, but he had seen them in videos. Although he had never eaten pork, he did have the fortune of seeing a pig run[1]. So, no major problems arose.

The Fighters split the Plasma Core Golems into three different groups, three or four players on each enemy. While shielded by others, Bladelight unleashed a relentless barrage of attacks on one of the golems, slowly pulling it toward an empty area nearby.

Shield Bash!

Bladelight dealt a heavy blow to the Plasma Core Golem with his shield, staggering it back several steps. It immediately charged at him in a fit of anger.

「Klang! Klang! Klang!」Bladelight activated Guard Stance as a flurry of powerful blows rained down mercilessly on his shield.

Bladelight let out a Demoralizing Shout, interrupting the Plasma Core Golem for a brief instant, giving several Fighters the opportunity to surround the golem in a pincer attack.

Seeing the golem's aggro firmly locked onto Bladelight, Nie Yan issued the next set of orders. "Mages, attack!"

Spell after spell flew through the air, converging onto the Plasma Core Golem. The unrelenting barrage exploded on its body with loud bangs, causing a long string of damage values to float up from its head.

"Sparrow Hawk, mind the aggro!" Nie Yan reminded after seeing Tang Yao unleash an endless stream of spells. The damage he put out was too ferocious!

「Bang! Bang! Bang!」Three critical hits landed in succession.

−202,−229,−203

What terrifying damage!

Most of the Mages were dealing around 40-50 damage, with some of the stronger players hitting in the low 90s. Although a spell would occasionally crit for relatively high damage, it would still do no more than 120 damage.

The Plasma Core Golem's aggro immediately shifted. It wanted to charge past Bladelight and go after the Mages in the backline.

The crowd of Mages showed signs of panic. If the Plasma Core Golem's aggro got out of control and it rushed into their midst, a one-sided massacre would be the inevitable outcome.

Tang Yao stopped attacking. If he continued, he might even single-handedly cause the entire expedition to fail.

The moment he noticed the golem's aggro shift, Bladelight slammed a Shield Bash into the golem's body and followed up with a Taunt.

The Plasma Core Golem's aggro was back on Bladelight. After several successive attacks, he finally managed to the pull the golem back to the previous spot.

Tang Yao wiped the bead of cold sweat from his forehead. That was a close call. Were it not for Bladelight rescuing the situation in the nick of time, he reckoned he would've been the target of everyone's condemnation. He no longer dared to act in such an unbridled manner, instead controlling his damage output.