Chapter 290 - Zennarde's Sword

Since the Chapter of Peace was guaranteed to drop upon death, Nie Yan decided to take advantage of its God's Blessing skill while he still could. He might even come out of here alive by some stroke of luck!

God's Blessing had a duration of 60 seconds. During this time, Nie Yan wouldn't have to fear any magic.

After downing a Haste Potion he got from the Starry Night Potion Shop, Nie Yan fled for his life while brushing off the bombardment of spells. With only 10 seconds remaining on God's Blessing, he bolted past the last group of Skeleton Dragon Priests and escaped through the passage to the next room. He found a dark corner to duck into and disappeared into the shadows.

The Skeleton Dragon Priests chased after Nie Yan into the passageway. But after finding no signs of him, they turned around and left.

Nie Yan breathed out a sigh of relief. He left his hiding spot and continued travelling deeper into the tomb. Much to his dismay, the next room he arrived at contained nearly six times as many Skeleton Dragon Priests. He had no idea how to deal with so many Elite-class monsters.

These Skeleton Dragon Priests completely barred Nie Yan's path forward.

"How do I get past this room...?" Nie Yan muttered. He surveyed his surroundings and confirmed that this room didn't differ much from the last in design, meaning sneaking past these Skeleton Dragon Priests would be next to impossible. Taking them out one by one was another route he could take. After all, with his outstanding gear and wide array of skills, disposing of a Level 50 Skeleton Dragon Priest would be a piece of cake.

However, in front of him were over 70 Skeleton Dragon Priests with even more further up ahead.

Even with the Silk Spinner Ring and Crawler Ring in his possession, Nie Yan had no way of sneaking past them.

While Nie Yan was pondering his next step, one of the Skeleton Dragon Priests split off from the group and began wandering in his direction. In its idle state, it alternated between moving around and stopping to survey its surroundings.

It got closer and closer to Nie Yan. Only a few more steps and it would discover him!

There was a large crowd of Skeleton Dragon Priests only 20 meters up ahead. If they were all alerted of his presence, Nie Yan would be left without a corpse!

His only option was to take out this Skeleton Dragon Priest as quickly as possible!

Nie Yan gritted his teeth and activated Gale Ambush. He dashed forward with an explosive burst of speed and plunged his dagger deep into the Skeleton Dragon Priest's chest. After which he circled around and followed up with Cut Throat.

Nie Yan's speed reached its absolute limit thanks to the 200% bonus from Gale Ambush.

Gale Ambush increased damage by 60% and ignored armour and level difference. Combined with the Advanced Demon Hunter title which reduced the stats of all nearby undead by 30%, Nie Yan dealt massive damage.

Before the Skeleton Dragon Priest could react, Nie Yan had brought it down to almost half health.

The Skeleton Dragon Priest began casting, a sphere of light condensing in its palm. But before it could retaliate, Nie Yan temporarily delayed it with a swift kick to the shoulder.

Nie Yan threw himself back at the Skeleton Dragon Priest and struck out with Backstab and Eviscerate.

Just as the Skeleton Dragon Priest was about to unleash its magic, Nie Yan activated Blast and finished it off with a loud explosion.

The ruckus alerted the crowd of Skeleton Dragon Priests up ahead. As they turned their heads to look over, all they saw was a black robe and scattered bone fragments on the ground. Nie Yan was nowhere to be found.