Chapter 204 - Birth of the Mad Rogue!

Nie Yan was like a specter walking among the shadows. He left his pursuers unable to discover his whereabouts; they had lost all sight of him.

Eyes of the Divine!

Eyes of the Divine!

Five Paladins from Victorious Return activated Eyes of the Divine at the same time, releasing rays of holy light into the area. But even after activating the skill, they were unable to spot even a trace of Nie Yan. Logically, their Eyes of the Divine should be able to see through Nie Yan's stealth, or at the very least reveal a hint of his silhouette-unless his stealthing capability was above the range where they could detect him.

As they searched in the direction they thought Nie Yan had gone, a sound came from behind. Their minds trembled. Did Nie Yan already circle behind them?

"He's behind us!" cried out a Paladin who spotted Nie Yan after turning towards the source of the sound.

Meanwhile, Nie Yan judged the distance and headed for Hei Zhuo and Yu Long, his body light and his silhouette blurry as he swept past.

What incredible movement speed! In just under five seconds, Nie Yan's elusive figure moved over fifty meters! These players, who had not seen such speed in the game before, couldn't wrap their heads around it.

There were still over seventy Mages alive after Lava Roar. They wanted to bombard Nie Yan with spells, but as they began chanting, they found their magic disappear before it could even take shape. The magical energy in the area was too unstable! There was no way for them to gather enough for a spell.

The Warriors didn't stand idly by as they led the charge, only to find that they couldn't keep up with Nie Yan. He was just too fast! With his astounding base speed boosted by Shadow Dance and a Haste Scroll, he could even outrun Warriors that used Charge.

Even with so many players trying to stop him, Nie Yan thought nothing of the blockade. To him they might as well not be there.

It wasn't long before he stood in front of the two leaders. The only thing standing between him and Hei Zhuo now was the Paladin, Yu Long!

Yu Long activated Eyes of the Divine, locking on to Nie Yan and firmly blocking the way to Hei Zhuo.

"Nie Yan, is it? Come, let me see just how skilled you are!" Yu Long roared. Because the magical energy in the air was so unstable, he couldn't activate any Holy Magic or buff himself with blessings. Radiating an imposing aura, Yu Long fiercely chopped at Nie Yan with Radiant Slash.

Meanwhile, Hei Zhuo hadn't expected Nie Yan to arrive so quickly. He tried to cast a spell but found that the magical energy in the area was still too chaotic. He felt powerless. There was nothing he could do but place his hopes on Yu Long, praying that the Paladin could cut down Nie Yan.

Yu Long saw his strike easily dodged by Nie Yan who stabbed a dagger at his forehead in response. To him, Nie Yan was just a flashing silhouette as his strike hit nothing but air. His mind trembled. My attack missed? What incredible speed!

Yu Long's eyes were blinded by the cold glimmer of Nie Yan's dagger as it rapidly neared. He expected this frontal attack to be a Concussive Blow, so he quickly entered a defensive stance and moved his sword to block. Since he couldn't activate Indomitable Will, he didn't dare to take such a blow from Nie Yan head on. After he took only a single step back, Nie Yan disappeared from his line of sight. His heart clenched in worry.

Not good! Hei Zhuo!

With an elegant twist of his body, Nie Yan brushed past Yu Long. His speed reached the peak!