Chapter 287 - Zennarde's Domain

The Black Sin Lotus was an important item to Yao Yao. It was related to whether she could obtain Templar Magic.

Asskickers United was sorely lacking in Advanced Magic. Even though Nie Yan had tasked his guild members to acquire them, those who were successful could be counted on his fingers. This undertaking required time. The guild's foundation had to be slowly built from the ground up.

Every Advanced Magic was incredibly precious and vital to the growth of any guild!

Nie Yan helping Yao Yao with Karsi's Blessing was also helping out himself.

Asskickers United required Advanced Magic!

Nie Yan and Yao Yao approached the Black Sin Lotus. It was in full bloom and floated calmly atop the water's surface. Every petal was akin to a piece of finely carved obsidian, covered in streaks of pink that spread out like wisps of blood.

Nie Yan swam forward to harvest the Black Sin Lotus. He would worry about any possible danger after it was in his possession!

Yao Yao was treading the water roughly 2 meters away from Nie Yan. She was afraid of straying too far from him. As a Mage with fragile defense, she would be in grave danger if she was ambushed by a monster.

The calming fragrance of the Black SIn Lotus gently wafted through the air.

As Nie Yan was about to reach for the Black Sin Lotus, an ice-cold current surged forth from the bottom of the lake, creating a whirling vortex that almost swept him away.

"Shit!" Nie Yan cried out in alarm as a sense of dread washed over him.

He felt a presence that previously lurked in the depths of the lake rushing up toward him. Perhaps this was the guardian of the Black Sin Lotus!

No time for regrets! Nie Yan reached out and plucked the Black Sin Lotus from its stem.

"Let's get out of here, now!" Nie Yan shouted to Yao Yao after putting the Black Sin Lotus in his bag. They could escape with Return Scrolls after getting back on dry land!

In that instant, the entire lake started churning violently as a giant wave swept toward them.

"Hold on to me!" Nie Yan yelled. He wrapped his arms around Yao Yao's waist and swam toward the shore with all his might.

But his efforts were in vain as the wave crashed into them, sending them tumbling through the water as they desperately tried to keep their heads above the surface.

"Nirvana Flame, go on without me! You're faster, you can swim to safety!" Yao Yao shouted. Mages were dreadfully slow swimmers. In the time it took her to swim 5 meters, Nie Yan could swim almost 10 times that distance.

Nie Yan remained silent. Abandoning a woman to save his own hide? He might as well throw away all his face as a man!

Nie Yan and Yao Yao could only tightly hold on to each other as the wave threatened to pull them under. They were completely at the mercy of the turbulent currents, having long since lost the ability to control where they were going.

Nie Yan and Yao Yao were completely caught up in the current. All they could do was try their best not to get separated. Nie Yan frantically held on to whatever part of Yao Yao was in his grasp, terrified of letting her loose. More than once, he thought he failed and lost her. In such a disorienting situation, he had no idea what was what.

Yao Yao was struggling to breathe, and was starting to panic as she grew light-headed. But when she felt Nie Yan's arm around her, a wave of calmness washed over her.

A strong current battered Nie Yan, dragging him and Yao Yao ever closer to the bottom of the lake.

Yao Yao couldn't hold her breath for much longer. If Nie Yan didn't get them back to the surface, she would drown!