Chapter 71

My body jolts up as I let out a shaky breath and scan the room trying to remember my surrounding

I haven't had a nightmare in ages.

Throwing the covers off my body, I stand up and walk over to the bathroom to wash my face in hopes of waking me up.

There is no way I'm falling back to sleep and risk having yet another nightmare.

I slowly twist the door knob walking out of my room and down the corridor to the stairs when I hear a voice from the living room.

Who is down there?

"Have the Russians still been after you Angelo?" Some guy says, as I begin thinking back to who's voice it could be.

I haven't heard anyone with that voice maybe I should peak into the room and check.

I slowly tiptoe down the stairs looking into the room to see the guy who was at the dinner table earlier and looks like Ace.

He's the one what didn't talk much and just sat next to Ace.

"Yeah they have been messing with my shipments and  raided one of my warehouses just yesterday. I think it's because they know about Liliana now." He explains as I continue to listen in.

The Russian mafia is after me?

But why? I'm literally a normal girl.

"I suggest you up her security for this ball, I can have some of our security taking care of her too if you need." He adds getting a sigh from Angelo.

"She doesn't need guards I will be with her and will protect her." Angelo says defensively.

Hearing this warmed my heart knowing my brother actually cares for me.

"Yeah you remember what happened last time you said that?" The guy says slowly trying to not anger Angelo.

What happened last time?

Did someone get hurt?

But who could have gotten hurt?

"You know it's not good to ease drop." A voice comes from behind me causing me to jump up in shock.

"Umm I was just getting some water." I comment trying to walk away but he grabs my arm gently turning me back to him.

"I'm sure we have some water in the living room." He informs me opening the door causing the guys to look up from their conversation to see me and Ace.