Chapter 56

"Sophia was and still is my best friend

"Sophia was and still is my best friend." I inform them as the big smile never leaves my face.

Are they really that dumb to not know she is my bestie already.

"I hate you. Why didn't you call or text me when you came here, I was soo worried." She scolds as she shakes me slightly.

She has always cared so much for me.

"I'm sorry I just got busy and forgot please forgive me." I plead as we ignore the audience around us who are still staring in shock.

"Fine, I forgive you but only because I love you way too much." She grins pulling me towards her once more in a bone crushing hug.

She turns back to my family as she sends them a warm smile.

"Hey I'm Sophia, it's good to finally meet you all." She greets as she gets pulled in for a hug from aunt Alessandra.

"Finally more girls." Aunt Alexandra says pulling out of the hug as Sophia chuckles.

"Matteo has told me soo much about you all." Sophia adds still standing beside me and matteo.

"All good things I hope." Uncle Romeo jokes shaking Sophia's hand as I look too see the other oldies with straight faces acting all cold.

Weirdos.

They never act like this at home.

Especially Angelo.

I grab Sophia's hand as I begin dragging her to the side.

"Come on Sophia we need to catch up now." I demand as I notice Matteo roll his eyes.

"Stop stealing my girlfriend." Matteo groans as I begin chuckling.

Does he really think I'm going to pass her back to him?

"No she is mine." I protectively hold her hand as I notice her amused smirk.

"So, how have you been?" I question as she grips my shoulders tightly but not tight enough to hurt me.

"Are you okay? How do they treat you? Do you like it here?" She rushes out all her questions not giving me time to reply as she gaze into my eyes.

"Yes I'm good and they are the best family anyone could have. And Umm I love it here. Now can we stop with the interview." I exclaim laughing to try and calm her down.

I turn to my family to see them all looking at us in confusion.

"Do they know about..." she trails off although I already know what she is trying to ask me.

I was really hoping we didn't have to talk about this anymore.

"Only my brothers and my dad know. I don't really want to tell the others yet." I whisper not wanting the others to over hear our conversation even though they are quite far from us right now.