Chapter 36

Sitting with my family, my phone begins ringing as I get up to answer it

I look down at my phone to see the caller who is Leonardo.

Why would he be calling me?

"Hello, what's wrong." I greet confusion laced in my voice.

"Angelo there are 10 black SUVs getting onto your road. I think it's the Russians so you have about 20 minutes to get ready before they get their." He answers seriously as he rushes his words out.

"Okay thanks for warning me, send the back up teams here now." I declare as all the playfulness disappears and I hand up.

I rush back towards my family as dad stands up noticing my concern.

"We have got company." I inform them as the others all stand up quickly but Liliana stays sitting confused by everyone's worried expressions.

The sentence 'We have got company.' Is basically code to say we have enemies approaching our area and are being attacked but we use the code just in case they hack into our camera systems or have people spying on us.

"What should we do?" Enzo queries as I can tell he is scared.

"Enzo, Alessio, Matteo, Nikolo and Carlo take all the girls to the safe room and give them all a gun each except Liliana." I assert as they all begin towards the house but Liliana stops.

"Why Angelo, what happened?" She insists grabbing my arm but I know I can't worry her till after.

"Nothing, now go inside please ana." I beg, hoping she would listen but of course she stays put, she is apart of our family after all.

"I'm not moving till you tell me what's happening." She states crossing her arms.

God why does she have to be so persistent.

"Fine we are being attacked now can you please follow the others." I plead as her expression turns to shock and she nods walking towards the others.

Thank god.

I turn back around to see dad, grandpa and Giovanni giving orders to the other boys.

"Everyone get inside and go to the weapons room we need to be ready before they get here." Dad announces as everyone takes their guns out running towards the house.

We get into the weapons room and I click the button near the light switch which opens a massive cabinet filled with different guns and ammo.

Valentino clicks another button which also opens a cabinet but inside it is stashed with other weapons like knifes and mini explosives.

"Hurry, choose your weapons and wear a bulletproof vest so we can get back upstairs before they get here." Giovanni asserts as everyone listens and we get back upstairs just in time to watch the gate be exploded.