Chapter 47- A Door

Start from the beginning

These were his yesterdays. Using this method to renounce yesterday, it was as if there was no need to look back, and therefore no memories. Without memory, he had no roots. He was like a spirit floating through the air. No one could catch him, no one could number him, and no one could hurt him. This way, he felt safe and at ease.

All structures were like talismans of control, giving him an endless headache.

Perhaps Su Qing himself hadn't realized why he was so opposed to staying at the RZ Unit. Because elsewhere, he was Li Meng, he was Lu Dacheng, he was Su Zecheng. Even if he changed his name to Su Wukong, no Tathagata Buddha would idly come along to seal him under the Five Elements Mountain. But in the RZ Unit, he could only be Su Qing.

The year he was twenty-four, he had been drawn into a monstrous and motley world. He had lived once and died once, like that stupid bird Su Qing suspended above the precipice, who didn't dare to fly up, only dared to jump down. The instant he had seen Hu Bugui, he had even automatically withdrawn from the state of being "Lu Dacheng" and returned to his original appearance.

Like a fox demon running into a monster-revealing mirror, forced back to its true form.

But at the moment he didn't think so much or so deeply. He only thought that Hu Bugui's presence was too powerful and made him uncomfortable. So amid the steam, this professional swindler persisted in thinking that he had to run; if he didn't run, it was simply like picking up a carful of fathers for himself!

When Su Qing had cleaned himself up to something like a proper human appearance and walked out of the bathroom, he found that Hu Bugui was still standing upright at the door in his earlier posture, as if he was a door god.

Hu Bugui looked at him and saw that Su Qing was only loosely wrapped in a bathrobe with the collar open to the base of his chest in a style that was a grave offense against decency. So he averted his eyes and seriously said, "Go ahead and get changed, I'll take you to get something to eat. General Xiong and the others want to meet you."

Su Qing paused in his tracks. "Are there nutritional capsules?"

Hu Bugui directly bent down and took a small bottle from a cupboard next to him. He carefully read the directions and the date on it, then put it on the coffee table in front of Su Qing. Then, providing excellent service, he poured him a glass of water. Afterwards, he cautiously solicited his view: "Later...will you come eat with the others?"

Su Qing put a capsule in his mouth. A bit of weariness appeared on his face. "What, do you have urgent business, Captain Hu?"

Hu Bugui shook his head.

Su Qing swallowed the capsule and yawned, rubbing his eyes. "Then let's talk about it tomorrow, OK? It's been a long time since I dared to sleep for real. I relaxed a little just now and felt like my bones were coming...haaa...apart."

His indistinct voice rolled into another yawn. He seemed so sleepy he could hardly keep his eyes open.

Hu Bugui's expression sank—General Xiong had said that for a person like Su Qing, having a handle on his surroundings was something he relied on to live. His exterior slickness was built on his excessive sensitivity towards his environment. If he wanted to stay somewhere for a time, he would do everything in his power to blend in, actively take note of the routes, and attempt to start conversations with each person to get as much information as possible.

On the contrary, if he didn't actively do these things, then he wasn't planning to stay. He was going to retreat.

So Hu Bugui didn't say anything. He nodded. He stood up and walked right out. He even closed the door behind himself. Only then did Su Qing see that there was a piece of paper stuck to the back of the door with a careful analysis written on it of where he should go to look for the things he wanted.