Teary Apology's

"Kageyama," Tobio looked up, meeting Kindaichi's eyes as he passed a mug towards Tobio awkwardly, "here."

Hesitant, Tobio's eyes flitted towards Kunimi, watching as he gave a small nod of encouragement from over Kindaichi's shoulder where the other couldn't see. At Kunimi's silent urging, Tobio finally reached out, his fingers brushing over Kindaichi's own which caused them both to subtly flinch as Kunimi let out an almost inaudible sigh which would've gone unnoticed if it weren't for the silence swarming the tension-filled room.

"Thank you." Was all he could get out before they sat in silence.

It almost felt like it was a dream to Tobio, the way just a few moments ago they had been laughing together, stumbling through the narrow hallway as one. And yet now they sat in silence, Kindaichi looking around anywhere but in front of him.

Had he not wanted to see Tobio as Kunimi claimed after all?

Tempted to ask, Tobio opened his mouth when Kunimi sighed suddenly, drawing both of their attention. "What are we doing?"

As one, both he and Kindaichi froze, looking at Kunimi in confusion as the normally unbothered spiker continued, his face growing further agitated with each word.

"I mean we know why we are here right?" Kunimi looked up, turning to where Tobio sat across from him and Kindaichi. "Kageyama we..know we were wrong. I know we were wrong, and that's why we're here." He then turned to Kindaichi, causing the other to flinch at Kunimi's next words, "aren't we?"

Some words went unsaid, but Tobio felt like he knew how to discern them just from Kunimi's face alone. They were like Tobio, weren't they? Kunimi wanted them to try. To talk, to fix the mess they'd created and left as it was.

He wanted to repair the broken friendship they'd walked away from.

Then, finally, Kindaichi looked at Tobio but his words had the ravenette wishing he hadn't. "Kageyama, I..hated you." Oh.

Watching as Kunimi turned to look at Kindaichi with wide, panic sticken eyes, Tobio forced himself to ignore the way his chest ached, eyes beginning to burn as he pushed himself to keep the emotion of his tongue when he spoke. "Wow~ I hadn't figured."

But then, Kindaichi chuckled, as if expecting Tobio's reply. "Well, I thought I did at least."

Tobio blinked, Kunimi seeming just as surprised as speechlessly they listened, watching as Kindaichi looked down at his mug, Tobio gripping his own tightly from where it sat in his lap, desperately letting it ground him.

"I looked up to you, you know?" Kindaichi said, lips tugging up into what seemed to be a small smile, but looking more like a grimace when Kindaichi noticed Tobio's blank face. "You were so radiant on court and I don't think you'd ever realised, making it seem like winning was easy and effortless and not as if it were some sort of pipe dream."

Tobio opened his mouth, ready to protest but Kindaichi kept going. "It was like you were a genius. Everyone said you were."

Tobio rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his drink, so it was the same old story again- "But, you weren't really one, were you Kageyama?" Only to spit it out a second later.

As he passed a tissue over, this time it was Kunimi who spoke, "we saw you practice after school you know? Behind the gym when Oikawa-senpai used to kick you out after everyone had left."

"What?" Tobio croaked, voice cracking as the shock settled in.

Kindaichi nodded, "Yeah. We saw it. I mean yeah, you took to things a bit easily but a genius? How could you be one? Especially when, the entire time Oikawa-senpai would be inside the gym, you'd be watching from the window on your tiptoes before trying to imitate his serve."