***

Haziran could not hide the dismay from her face.  "What!  That's not true!  That can't be true!"  Haziran immediately fumbled through her jacket pockets for her phone.  Realizing that she still had gloves on, making it difficult to grab anything, she growled and pulled at her gloves, dropping them to the ground as she wrested them off.  Once she had her phone in her hands, she called her closest colleagues who were also supposed to be making the trip.  They each said they were not going to be able to make it.  Her friend Ayjabictmeca, secretary to one of the VPs, even said that the retreat was now being rescheduled but Poyraz and Haziran were not to worry since the cabin had been paid for and well provisioned for 15 people.  Haziran gritted her teeth in frustration.  She was stuck with the most arrogant, haughty, opinionated man for who knows how long. 

In her exasperation, Haziran roughly pulled her luggage and went to pick out a room.  She did not notice the knotted pine floors, the soft cream wall paper or the images of the woods hanging on the walls of the corridor.  All that she was focused on as she passed one open door after another, was making sure to pick the farthest from the occupied one that she had noticed.  The room she had picked was actually quite pleasant.  It had soft gray-green walls that reminded her of rocks in a flowing pond.  The bed had crisp white linen that was covered in a duvet with ombréd colors that reflected the woods that were currently covered in snow.  At one end of the room was a small desk and chair, and on the other a tufted gray upholstered couch.  She was still muttering to herself and smoothing out the crumpled clothes from her luggage and placing them on the bed when she heard a knock on the open door behind her.  Poyraz was standing there with his arm crossed in front of his broad chest.  He looked at her and then her clothes as she said, "what do you want!?"

"Dinner is ready if you are interested."

"I am not hungry!," Haziran said but her stomach took that opportunity to growl loudly betraying her words.

Poyraz smirked and said, "that's not what your stomach just said.  Just eat, for crying out loud.  I don't want to have to try to drive out and find a doctor for you if you pass out.  Unless of course you want me to treat you myself."

Haziran sighed her frustration but knew she needed to eat, so she said "fine! I'll be right there."

Poyraz looked at her and nodded.  Then his lips twisted into a mischievous smile as he scanned the clothes on the bed and said, "I like the blue one. Matches your eyes."

Haziran looked back at the clothes laid on the bed.  The blue was a sheath dress she had picked for the last night at the cabin.  She had expected that the team would have a formal dinner together at the end of the retreat.  She was going to match it with expensive high heeled shoes and elegant gold jewelry. So much for that plan! Haziran crumpled the delicate dress and shoved it in the bottom of the drawer.  There was no way she was wearing that for him!

***

Haziran did not want to admit it but the food Poyraz cooked was actually good.  He made a beef soup with vegetables and some elbow macaroni.  It was accompanied by a crusty bread and a well vintaged red wine.  All in all, it was the perfect food to eat in a cold winter night.  Already, the warmth of the soup had permeated her body and she was feeling relaxed.  She looked over Poyraz who looked similarly at ease.  They had both decided to park themselves in front of the tv as they ate their dinner and drank their wine. She had been feeling generous to him seeing that he cooked, so she allowed him to pick a show to watch.  He picked a crime show that looked interesting enough.  After one episode finished, she told him to keep on watching the next installment while she cleaned up.  She was happy to find that he was a clean cook, one who washed as he cooked.  She on the other hand had been told in the past that the kitchen looked as if a food bomb exploded when she cooked.  Since Poyraz had mostly cleaned up, her task was fairly easy, washing two plates, a couple of bowls, a pot and two glasses.  When she was done, she did not know what to do, should she go back to her room and sleep or should she finish watching the show with Poyraz?  Haziran decided to go back and join Poyraz.  She plopped down on one of the chairs making Poyraz look at her. He just returned to watching the tv without saying anything to her.