Love Potion

A bit different PoyHaz AU.  Thank you Blen for the pics! Hope you all like it!
*************

Idil tightly gripped the little blue bottle she had bought in a recent trip to Istanbul.  She had braved a particularly sketchy corner of the city to get it, but she was desperate.  She had seen how Poyraz had looked at Haziran.  He was all melty eyes and soft lips whenever his gaze fell on her. Poyraz also stared at Haziran as if she was the only person worth looking at even if there were many people around.  Poyraz's attempts to look nonchalant and uninterested did not fool anyone, least of all Idil. She could see that Poyraz was drawn to Haziran in a way that he had not been with any woman in the past. Idil could not stand it any longer. She had to do something.

Poyraz had never looked at her the way he does with Haziran and Idil was blazingly jealous.  She was willing to do anything to have Poyraz look at her the way he looked at Haziran, even for just a moment.  So she had tried to find ways to win his affection and make Haziran look bad in his eyes. But it was to no avail. If anything, Poyraz seemed to grow more and more fascinated with Haziran.

In the years she had known Poyraz, he had never looked at anyone the way he eyed Haziran.  Idil did not even know that Poyraz was capable of feeling that type of longing after another.  She had thought that Poyraz was a cold person, unable to show any romantic emotions for a woman.  Idil even believed that if there was anyone to melt the ice around Poyraz's heart, it would be her.  After all, had she not done everything to be in his orbit and get his attention?  Also, had she not always been by his side in every difficulty? She even took care of his comatose grandmother and tried to have her father help him with his debts.  Why would he suddenly fall for this silly city girl that had only caused chaos in his life?

Idil did not see the attraction.  Haziran was pretty enough she supposed but Haziran would never fit in the island.  Even though her mother may have grown up in the island, Haziran had never visited before and did not know it's ways.  She would soon lose interest in the island and leave.  And Idil knew that if there was one thing that Poyraz would never do was leave the island.

So Idil had gone to a gypsy that sold these special love potions.  The gypsy told her that the effect was only good for 24 hours.  But that was more than enough for Idil who had craved even just five minutes of Poyraz's love and affections!  To have 24 hours of him looking at her as he did Haziran, to have him touch her with passion and to have him kiss her as if she was the most precious to him was the stuff of Idil's wildest imaginations!  And now, she had the means to do it!

Idil had gone to Biricik's party with excitement.  She was going to put the potion in Poyraz's drink and finally have him look at her with love.  The gypsy told her that all she had to do was make sure that after Poyraz drank the potion that she be the first person he saw.  If he saw someone else, he would fall in love with that person and the effect could not be reversed in that 24 hour period.

Idil dressed with care.  She put on her fitted blue dress that Poyraz had once commented looked nice on her.  It had been her favorite dress since.  She also styled her hair in a bun, but loosened it up a bit to give her a softer look.  She put on her mother's pearl necklace that she thought gave her that classic and stylish look.  Then, she put on a light pink lipstick.  She was hoping to see its color on Poyraz's lips by the end of the night.

When Idil reached the party, she immediately looked around for Haziran, wanting to separate Poyraz from her or at least make sure the two were at a distance.  She saw that Haziran was not around and Poyraz was talking to Alper.  Next to Poyraz was Zorba, sitting next to Poyraz's leg on a leash. She could did not understand why Poyraz was so attached to the mutt.

Ignoring other people that she passed, Idil went straight to Poyraz saying that she had something to ask him.  Poyraz excused himself to Alper and peered at Idil, asking her what she needed.  Idil almost rolled her eyes at the look Poyraz gave her.  He perused her politely.  There was no look of longing coming from his eyes.  All she could see was a look of friendship.  Idil could not wait to see them fill with love for her.